Hi

I have a Playbook but do not use a BB Phone so I get my emails directly via WiFi.

I setup the Message client to get my business emails. This works fine, I can send and receive OK. When I read an email on the playbook it changes from BOLD to UnBold (as normal). But, when you scroll down to refresh the list of e-mail, the e-mails which have been read return to BOLD (i.e. appear as un-read).

This behaviour only happens from my "work" emails, not my GMAIL acocunt which works perfectly. I have been round all the settings but no joy. Any ideas guys?
    03-27-12 12:04 PM
    Did you ever find a fix for this one?
    I am seeing the same thing.
    G
    09-14-13 02:51 PM
    This was a bug reported when the PB was introduced and then promptly ignored by RIM in all updates as I guess they figured their customers actually didn't really need an email client that had such advanced features as marking emails as having being read or not. The fix is to double hit the message icon. The first time it will mark as opened, then immediately change back to unopened. Hit it again and it will stay marked as opened. There will be no fix from RIM, to do so would just highlight their insufferable incompetence.
    09-14-13 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD