emailed attachment in Word not down loading and opening on my PB
    spreadsheet works
    anyone has a good suggestion?

11-19-12 02:32 PM
    In the File Manager navigate to the document, after saving it of course, and determine whether there is an application associated with .doc or .docx files. Does the attached Microsoft Word document have an extension of either .doc or .docx? Also, what is the extension of the spreadsheet file that is attached?
    11-19-12 03:35 PM
    are you using the bridge or native email?

I have this issue on occasion using bridge email. easy fix for that is to use the view on playbook option on the phone. that usually works, as I guess it kind of forces it through in a way.

sometimes when closing the docs to go, we use gestures instead of the close tab. I have gotten a 'previous document was not closed properly' pop up. when I get through that docs to go usually works fine.

other than the bridge issue I have had few problems opening word docs. I really hate suggesting this, but when all else fails, just do a restart.

hope this helps.

tim
    11-20-12 12:57 AM
    thanks tim

I restart my PB at least twice a day as I watch some youtube movies and TV sometimes
    the problem is with .doc or .docx files and in the bridge mail and native mail
    spreadsheet files work well

when using files and folders - dropbox it works, just not when opening email, it starts to download and than it stops,
    11-20-12 07:20 AM
    I restart my PB at least twice a day as I watch some youtube movies and TV sometimes
    the problem is with .doc or .docx files and in the bridge mail and native mail
    spreadsheet files work well is xcl, mostly excel file of 2003 and 2007 version

when using files and folders - dropbox it works, just not when opening email, it starts to download and than it stops,
    11-20-12 07:21 AM
    Article Number: KB26540
    Article Title: Supported attachment types while using BlackBerry Bridge with the BlackBerry PlayBook
    Article Link: KB26540-Supported attachment types while using BlackBerry Bridge with the BlackBerry PlayBook

Article Number: KB26038
    Article Title: How to obtain logs from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
    Article Link: KB26038-How to obtain logs from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

I recommend contacting BlackBerry PlayBook Technical Support and have them troubleshoot the issue. They will likely want the log files from the tablet which you can generate via BlackBerry Desktop Software so get these logs ready in advance of the call. Oh, before generating the log files you want to attempt opening an email attachment again, one that opens and one that does not open and note the date and time to provide to BlackBerry PlayBook Technical Support. The more information you provide the better they can troubleshoot the issue.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-20-12 08:03 AM