So, I have a BB and use the Blackberry Bridge, I won't pay for tethering so I only have connectivity by wi-fi or, occasionally by my pay as you go, Virgin My Fi. So it seems to me that if I enable the new native E-mail app, its just going to duplicate the email I have already handled through my BB and the Blackberry Bridge. So I am thinking that enabling it is a waste of time for a BB user, who uses the Bridge. Am I missing something?
    02-29-12 11:08 AM
    Do whatever you want. The point is you now have options
    02-29-12 11:22 AM
    Under the phones bridge options, you can select (check) the services you care the bridge to handle. In your case you want to unchecked any services you have connected to the newly added messages app on the playbook.
    02-29-12 11:24 AM
    Bridge is too awesome for me to even consider anything native...
    02-29-12 11:27 AM
    I have been saying this, but it seems to not really generate much discussion. Native email is pointless if you have a BlackBerry as there is no sync in place to ensure emails arent, as you rightly said - duplicated. Other than Bridge. Which sometimes is a slow process.

I think the native PIM apps are there purely to make the tablet easier to sell to non-BB users. Which makes me think that native BBM is going to be exactly the same!

What I am doing is just using the BlackBerry for email as I prefer typing on the keyboard not the virtual one.
    02-29-12 11:47 AM
    Under the phones bridge options, you can select (check) the services you care the bridge to handle. In your case you want to unchecked any services you have connected to the newly added messages app on the playbook.
    The only option that shows in Bridge on my Torch is "Turn on remote control". How do I disable the bridge e-mail?
    02-29-12 11:48 AM
    The "bridge" works just fine for me and my needs, maybe down the line "native" will come in handy, but I'm good for now
    02-29-12 11:55 AM
    I like having the "native" option because I can route all my work exchange emails to my PB. I do not have a company phone, which is nice because my phone isn't going off all the time from the hundreds of emails i get a day through my work email.

I like being able to look at my exchange account through PB so my phone isn't blowing up every 5 or 10 min.
    02-29-12 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD