I have a blackberry 8330 Curve and I am considering buying a playbook. But before I purchase one I need to know if Email from our enterprise server will transfer from the phone to the tablet without being directly connected to the Enterprise system?
    05-16-11 10:45 PM
    You will be able to view the email from your blackberry on the playbook. Email does not actually transfer or store on the tablet, it simply acts as a mirror so you are able to view and edit your emails. You can also create and send emails from the playbook but the acitivity actually happens on the phone. For example if you create a new email and send it on the playbook but your blackberry has no signal the email will not go out. This is what is known as blackberry bridge and is how the playbook currently does email from your blackberry besides going to a webmail client. You can find some more details in the forums.
    05-16-11 10:54 PM
    And you need to have OS5 for BlackBerry Bridge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 12:25 AM
    It is my understanding that OS5 isn't officially supported on the 8330, so no bridge.
    05-17-11 12:29 AM
    So if I understand this correctly the 8330 will not support the bridge unles it is OS5, which actually kills part of the reason for having a playbook in the first place
    05-19-11 07:55 PM
    Yes, you need to have OS 5.0 or above.
    05-19-11 08:31 PM
    nothing stops you from installing a leaked os6 if there is one.
    05-19-11 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD