I can receive emails fine but I cannot send them. I get a message along the lines of server off line or my settings are incorrect.
    03-09-13 05:48 PM
    are you bridging? use a 4G lte PB or just plain old wifi?

and who is the provider of your email? gmail, hotmail, yahoo?
    03-09-13 07:21 PM
    Plain old wifi. My email provider is Telus. Had this problem during trip to US an now still having it going through a Shaw connection. My BlackBerry phone is having no email problems through the same connection. All help appreciated.
    03-09-13 10:11 PM
    Have you asked them? Are you just connecting on port 25? If so, they probably only allow connections from on their network. If it's authenticated SSL, I would think it should work...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:29 AM
    I can receive emails fine but I cannot send them. I get a message along the lines of server off line or my settings are incorrect.
    My wife occasionally has issues with her Telus email. This is how I set Telus email up.

1. Start with add a new email account.

2. Enter your email address and password. Enter Advanced.

3. Select Imap.

4. Enter description.

5. Enter Display Name.

6. Enter Username [email protected].

7. Edit the server address to imap.telus.net. Change Encription to off.

8. Clear SMTP Username and SMTP Server fields.

9. Edit SMTP Server Address to SMTP.telus.net and change encryption to off.

8. Press Save.

It should now verify the account settings including the right ports (143 and 25) and your account should be set up.

Hope this helps. It works for me.

Above procedure thanks to a previous posting on this subject.
    03-10-13 10:43 AM
    Thanks Malcerie. I have tried the settings suggested but when I go to save it get a message saying the server is off line or the settings are incorrect.
    03-10-13 11:25 AM
    Mmmmmm. About the only thing I've done differently is to delete the offending Telus account and start over.
    I must say that my wife's Telus account is the only one we have problems with, and this returns it to normal every time. I use Gmail and it works perfectly. If it's any benefit, a Telus tech actually told me that their system is no more secure than Gmail. Funny thing is that Gmail is wildly faster than Telus for sending and receiving emails.
    03-10-13 11:49 AM
    Deleted my Telus account but now I cannot set it up again. Set up a Gmail account on my Playbook and used it to send an email to my Telus account. After 20 minutes email has not shown up on my phone. Think I will post a guru wanted ad on Craigs list. My PB does everything but emails great. My BB phone has never let me down. If I cannot solve this problem in a week I am on to an ipad. Anyone in Vancouver want a consulting job to solve this problem?
    03-10-13 03:00 PM
    Seems that you're not having any luck at all!
    I can be in the room as my wife, forward her an email and it seems normal that she gets it 40 minutes later (she's on Telus). Gmail does it in seconds.
    When all else fails, I clear the cache and do a hard reset.
    Other than that, you could try signing into your Gmail account and send yourself a test message to the same Gmail account. If it shows up on your PlayBook, there's a good chance the issue is with Telus. As I mentioned earlier, the above procedure has always worked for me.
    03-10-13 03:42 PM