I just got this e-mail a few mins ago. (see screenshot below for you non believers)
    The Subject line reads "New update available: do more with your Blackberry PlayBook"
    I checked for an update but got nothing. Could the email have been sent out prematurely, or is it really 2 weeks late?

05-20-11 05:17 PM
    yeah its two weeks late. no update from DM or OTA. rim probably thought that this late email is sufficient update for all of us, rather than no update at all.
    05-20-11 05:21 PM
    I got it too.
    05-20-11 05:22 PM
    2 weeks late as always. Its usually the same with new product notifications and phone updates
    05-20-11 05:23 PM
    I got it too. It's for the 1.0.3.1868 update.
    05-20-11 05:23 PM
    I'd say 2 weeks late. It's about the normal timing I see on these kinds of alerts. They don't come out the second the update does so it gives some time for the update to be pulled and used on a wider number of devices so they can be sure its stable. If they notified everyone the moment it was up, and then there turned out to be a glitch or something, it could get really ugly.
    05-20-11 05:26 PM
    I just got this e-mail a few mins ago. (see screenshot below for you non believers)
    The Subject line reads "New update available: do more with your Blackberry PlayBook"
    I checked for an update but got nothing. Could the email have been sent out prematurely, or is it really 2 weeks late?

I got the same email, and it is announcing the 2 May release when you look at the features. I just assumed that since I did not update to that 2 May release as things were very usable and I did not need any of the new features, figured I would let rest of you debug that release and wait on the next release. I am guessing the next update will be out next week during the next conference when BB needs some meat for the press.
    05-20-11 05:32 PM
    What a load of BS... Rushed home to find nothing new. Ratbasturds
    05-20-11 05:36 PM
    2 weeks old email about stale update. hehe
    what a surprise for update-starved people
    05-20-11 05:44 PM
    Yeah I got it too. Was confused when I read the email and saw features I already had. Weird to get an update notice two weeks after the update.
    05-20-11 05:52 PM
    got it. tease. i'm going to spell things wrong with the sig "sent from my playbook" until we get it!
    05-20-11 06:41 PM
    That is par for course for Rim improving though only about 2 weeks late!
    05-20-11 07:00 PM
    RIM thinks they are apple-like but they really don't get it when it comes to B2C marketing. The same way their Playbook Launch notice was sent out on the 20th, the day after the launch...the whole point of signing up for a notice of launch months earlier would probably been best used to send it out on the 18th...

Stupid mistakes like this OS update email is just pathetic. I just kind of wish they would try...
    05-20-11 10:06 PM
    Maybe the guys from RIM have been reading this forum and thought it would be a good way to torment us all.
    05-20-11 10:10 PM
    Maybe the guys from RIM have been reading this forum and thought it would be a good way to torment us all.
    The way people bash RIM around here, that wouldn't surprise me!
    05-20-11 10:33 PM
    I remember when RIM sent a message saying the BlackBerry Torch was available now!

Three weeks after I had mine..... :/
    05-21-11 02:11 AM
    I wonder if the people that got the message havent updated to the latest version of the software?
    05-21-11 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD