One of the most frustrating things for me is that the email apps (both Bridge and Native) automatically mark an email as read no matter how you view it (list or full screen).

Maybe it's just a personal preference but this is big deal to me. I use unread messages as a reminder that action is still needed and prefer to "preview" my email and then mark read only when I know that no further action is needed for that message.

I've looked and found no settings to change the default behavior. Are there any options that would allow for more control over when a message is marked as read?
    01-18-13 11:01 AM
    When you open an email, there are icons on the right- the bottom icon is a trashcan, the one above it is a folder. If you tap the icon above the folder icon, it will mark the current message as unread.
    01-18-13 11:36 AM
    Yeah, I muddle through using that function. It's workable on the native, but the Bridge email is flaky. For example, if I mark and item unread, and then move it a follow up folder for later action. It gets marked as read.

Maybe better in BlackBerry 10
    01-18-13 11:57 AM