I posted these questions as part of a continuing thread but didn't get any responses, so I thought I'd try one last time as a new thread....

I've spent the last several days experimenting and reading the online manual for the PB, and I'm still coming up short on understanding several things re email. First of all, I see where the Bridge simply mirrors what's on my phone. I get that and it works fine (although there are two questions, below). The main question is, I have configfured the icon for "regular" messages on the PB (the stand-alone one outside of Bridge) to receive my emails. I woke up this morning and saw one email in there. On my desktop, same exact account, were about 100. Granted, most were spam, but they didn;t show up anywhere on my PB email. (Once again, they are in Bridge - that's not the issue.) Does anyone know why they're not getting to my regular PB email, which has the same configuration as my desktop?

Okay, on the Bridge, two questions, if I'm not overstaying my welcome here.... Bridge gets everything from my phone and I really love it. However, on email messages in PB via Bridge, I have to delete them one at a time. Does anyone know a way to highlight a bunch of them for deletion? I have been solving this by deleting them from my phone, which does allow large-scale deletions, but I was wondering if the PB will allow me to delete en masse as well.

Second question is kind of the opposite. Re text messages on Bridge on the PB, if you hit the red X to delete a text, ALL the texts are highlighted for deletion. So, as with the emails, I manage my text deletions from my phone. Is there a way to highlight one or more texts for deletion within Bridge on the PB, without having to delete all of them?

Many thanks in advance....
    03-12-13 07:27 AM
    1) regarding the email app (outside of bridge) I haven't used it but my guess is that the rest 99 emails your received were in folders. If you use gmail, the native email app does not support IMAP folders (neither the spam folder). In short, you will receive what is in your inbox only.

2) Re: mass deletion of bridged emails. When you open the email on the bottom left there is a magnifying sort of symbol and on the right a boxes with a tick on one of them. Click on it, then select by tapping the email(s) you want to delete, tap on the red "x" button and you are done

3) Re: texts. As you said press the red "X". Each text will appear with the red "x" next to it. Tap on the red "x" of the text you want to delete. No mass deletion for texts I am afraid.
    03-12-13 07:47 AM
    The other possibility that I can see is if you have the desktop's email client set to delete emails from the mail server on receipt. In order to assure that the PlayBook's email client has a chance to retrieve that email, you need to set your desktop to 'leave messages on server'. The one that you have on PlayBook apparently beat the clock, but throughout the night your desktop has been beating PlayBook to the punch. And, as for mass-deletions, don't forget that it's a good idea to purge your email collection on your Berry every once in a while. Keeping mass quantities will slow down performance of the mail reader. But this is easy to do, especially if you use the 'delete prior' option. You can select a particular mail service, and do it there, or in the unified screen, where even your text messages (if you choose to include them in the unified list) will be deleted prior to your selected date, as well. And all of this won't touch saved messages, regardless of age. Those you'll need to do individually (or selected as a group).

It is also possible, albeit a bit tedious, to select assorted messages on PlayBook and delete them. And it's, finally, also possible to select messages using several arbitrary criteria and delete those after the search completes.
    03-12-13 06:54 PM
    Thanks for both replies. They were each helpful. The email issue was indeed related to storing a copy on the server. The keystrokes for deleting emails within Bridge worked as described, although I'm a bit surprised there isn't a feature to drag your finger across multiple em
    ails to expedite deletion. And finally, I tried the suggestion for text deletion, but chickened out at the last minute, because the red "x" was on every text and the prompt referred to messages in the plural. My fear was that I'd be deleting them all.
    03-12-13 09:55 PM
    re texts: in mine it deletes only the text I choose. ignore the plural
    03-13-13 04:16 AM
    re texts: in mine it deletes only the text I choose. ignore the plural
    Same.
    03-13-13 04:19 AM
    Hi, sorry for my basic questions; I am new to BB/Crackberry.

I bought an unlocked Blackberry Z10 a week ago (switched from iPhone 4) and have been accessing internet only via WiFi while traveling. I was able to set up almost everything on it, but not sure if my E-mail accounts have been set up properly. I followed all the instructions and added both my Yahoo and Google accounts. I am getting the new E-mails without any problems, but need help understanding the following:

1. I can see all my folders under both Yahoo and Gmail accounts via Hub , but there is nothing in them. Basically, I get the new E-mails, but there is no sign of my old archived E-mails. Is that normal?

2. When I file a new E-mail from the Hub into a folder, a copy is saved in that folder, but the minute I delete the E-mail from the Hub, the copy in the folder also gets deleted. Looks like the only way to save and keep the files in the archive folders is to keep the main file in the Hub, which does not seem practical. Is there any way to delete an E-mail from the Hub Inbox without deleting the one saved in the folder?

3. No matter what I do with the E-mails in my archived folders using my laptop, nothing shows up in my folders accessed via Hub. Is that normal?

Appreciate any help or explanation you can provide. I love the Z10, and it would be great if I could figure out what�s happening here.
    04-26-13 10:11 AM
    This is the Playbook forum so we're running an older version of QNX. Thankfully, it has most of the same bugs as BB10

1. I can see all my folders under both Yahoo and Gmail accounts via Hub , but there is nothing in them. Basically, I get the new E-mails, but there is no sign of my old archived E-mails. Is that normal?
    Perfectly normal, the current release of BB10 only shows the last 30 days of email on IMAP and Exchange accounts. This is a sliding window so old messages keep disappearing as time goes on. It's supposedly fixed in the 10.1 release which is coming for the Z10.

2. When I file a new E-mail from the Hub into a folder, a copy is saved in that folder, but the minute I delete the E-mail from the Hub, the copy in the folder also gets deleted. Looks like the only way to save and keep the files in the archive folders is to keep the main file in the Hub, which does not seem practical. Is there any way to delete an E-mail from the Hub Inbox without deleting the one saved in the folder?
    Not sure about this, are you on IMAP or Exchange? These are synced accounts so deleting a message on the Z10 will delete the message on the server, and also on any other devices that you use to access that account. If you're using POP3, you can specify if you want to keep messages on the server or delete them.

3. No matter what I do with the E-mails in my archived folders using my laptop, nothing shows up in my folders accessed via Hub. Is that normal?
    Probably related to question #1, emails older than 30 days will not show up no matter what you do.
    04-26-13 10:18 AM
    Thanks for the quick response. To answer your question regarding Item 2, looks like my email accounts are on IMap.

Is there any chance I can do something wrong and delete all my main Yahoo archives accidentally from the Hub?
    04-26-13 10:28 AM
    Can you see those archived emails on your PC or on another device? If they're still there, then you can't see them on the Z10 because of the 30-day sync window issue. I don't think you can accidentally delete them from the hub if you can't see them in the first place.
    04-26-13 10:45 AM
    Yes, I can see them on all other devices I have (PC, laptop, iPhone) , but not on the Z10.

I was worried I accidentally erase them from the others also if I use the Z10's option when pressing and holding on the date shown in the Hub and then select delete all prior.
    04-26-13 07:17 PM