Every time i try to go on my email(yahoo.ca) I keep getting a box saying enter account password,so I enter it and the same box keeps coming up and asking for account password. On my email page at the top left it says unable to connect to server. When I hit little gear on right corner of screen and go into accounts it tells me not connected,account invalid
    Anyone have any ideas was working fine, no problem with my account on my laptop
    I powered PB down and restarted with no change, anyone have any ideas, thanks in advance
    05-06-12 07:01 PM
    Similar problems here. Frustrating, there have been many posts the last few months on this problem. At a certain point each of my accounts has had this problem. Interestingly thse problems occur more frequently when I change from a semi permanent location to another private wifi location. I think I dont have the issue at commercial free hotspots such as starbucks or mcdonalds, though there may be problems with sending I cant recall though. Primarily though getting my accounts at my several semipermanent living spaces has proved difficult. I have noticed two things. The playbook email fails more often on a daisy chained router where a second router is plugged into a primary isp modem/router such as i sometimes use to extend a signal. The primary problem I have found is after moving locations, the playbook email takes several days to stabilize. It could be the email program itself or the email providers. I will note that none of my gmail accounts are affected. So after a week in a new location everything begins to work better. I have all of my emails working now after a full week in this location. In two weeks we change locations again and instability will ensue.
    05-06-12 07:59 PM
    barrywilson,
    I had the same problem and what solved it for me was to delete the e-mail account and "Add New Account" again. Did this and have never had that problem again......
    05-06-12 09:08 PM
    barrywilson,
    I had the same problem and what solved it for me was to delete the e-mail account and "Add New Account" again. Did this and have never had that problem again......
    I did the same thing and it worked for me. Now every once in awhile it will popup saying it can't connect but it still pulls from my email account
    05-06-12 09:51 PM
    did it for me, ragequitted and removed my email from my pb

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-06-12 09:53 PM
    Thanks will delete account and reinstall, also at home it works pretty good but at the moment I am on business and using aq Hotels WiFi
    Will report back after work when I reinstall
    Thanks
    BW
    05-07-12 05:58 AM
    Deleted account and tryed to sign back up but now i get a red X and says please check username and and password and try again
    I can go to browser and check email but not in accounts
    Any more suggestions
    BW
    05-07-12 07:06 AM
    I'm thinking you have something not set up right in the "Add New Account" with the username and password? Re-check that it is correct.....
    05-07-12 04:22 PM
    Went to playbook browser and pulled up my yahoo email,then signed out on it and tryed to log back in to see what would happen. Yahoo asked me to change my password and so when I did and logged back into Yahoo on the browser all was good.
    So then I went to accounts on playbook and tryed again to log in a new yahoo account.
    Entered email address and new password and its ok now. So it was something in yahoo that was not working right but main thing is all is ok now
    Cheers everyone
    05-07-12 08:04 PM
    Great! Glad it all worked out.......
    05-08-12 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD