Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Email issues after OS upgrade: formerly w/Yahoo, now with Gmal. Anyone else?

Love my PB (both of 'em), but have had this email issue since the latest (few weeks ago) upgrade:
    For over a year, my Yahoo email was inconsistently sent; my subfolders weren't synched to the PB, etc. I relied on the very/consistent Gmail account, which had no PB problems.
    Now, however, since OS 2.1.0.1314, my Gmail mail no longer is sent to the PB.....while Yahoo mail is working VERY well, subfolders and all.

Any one experience something similar, and if so....how'd you solve it?
    I still think the RIM, once BB10 is released, should upgrade the promo on the PB tablet, as aside from the above, its a marvelous machine!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,001 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it

I haven't had this problem with any of my mail accounts but some that have had issues with their Gmail accts deleted the account and reloaded, which appeared to work for them. Have you done a hard reset since the update? How do you have your sync settings configured? Are your Yahoo accts configured the same as your Gmail accts in Advanced Settings?
    If a reset doesn't help, I would delete the offending accts, do a hard reset and then reload the accounts. Worth a try, if you haven't already done that.
    If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Try using two step authentication for Google services and set the Gmail up with the new password it creates.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thank you - that may have done the trick, rotowrench - deleting and restarting was a good idea. seems to have worked.