View Poll Results: Which PB email do you prefer today - Bridge or Native?

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bridge

134 45.58%
  • Native

112 38.10%
  • I'm split or undecided

48 16.33%
    Which email do you prefer (and are using most) today - Bridge or Native?

Which one are you using today - are you still on Bridge or have you converted to Native?
    02-29-12 01:01 PM
    I like the features that the native provides -- contact integration, etc. but I hate that it doesn't synchronize with my Outlook or desktop manager and I'm not keen on using Gmail to do the wireless sync. I use bridge solely to look at my work messages, while personal email goes through native.
    02-29-12 01:09 PM
    I too like the features of native (the social calendar stuff in particular is pretty cool). Since I already have a phone syncing my email, I don't really want another device doing an additional sync as it just adds more variables. Besides that, the activesync for the native mail on my playbook was KILLING the battery life. Without ActiveSync I can get a good 3 days of light usage, with ActiveSync I was lucky to get a day without even touching it. So it's back to bridged for me.
    TheAnalogkid likes this.
    02-29-12 01:55 PM
    Bridge, all the way, for me.
    My playbook is often in the hands of other family members so it shouldn't have my Enterprise or POP mail on it.
    I do have one 'family' Google calendar and contacts list synced though.
    02-29-12 02:05 PM
    I love the native except for 2 things:
    1. With Yahoo mail at least, it takes a couple of minutes longer for the native email to receive messages after bridge already has them
    2. Native email doesn't work using the bridge Internet...
    So if I get to my PlayBook long enough after the message that the native email has it, and I'm at home on WiFi, I always use native. For the rest (most) of the time, I use bridge.
    02-29-12 05:16 PM
    I like the native apps better of course for the options and UI but they do have a few bugs for me anyway. I had a hard time with gmail so I went to a hotmail account and set it up as exchange and it's working fine so far beside the couple bugs and it is working over bridge for me.

I have no work email and don't have my bb email calendar or contacts bridged to my pb. I only use the calendar on my phone and my phone contacts are different than I have for email contacts so they are different also and I don't want them syncing.
    02-29-12 05:32 PM
    I don't really care nor have a preference.

The only thing I care about is if I open a message on one device, that it gets "Marked as Read" on the other device.
    Jeovex and southlander like this.
    02-29-12 05:54 PM
    I use native for my personal Gmail pim, I sync contacts and calendar from work (lotus via domino traveler), but bridge my work email. This works best for me. I did install a BB fusion server which is great as I can lock the native pim apps and pass the bp to kids, wife or friends and they can not access any pim apps. RIM did a good job on that.
    Last edited by pinkert11; 02-29-12 at 06:00 PM.
    02-29-12 05:57 PM
    I would have to say bridge at this point, not that I have anything against native, but the "old" way just suits my needs at the moment.
    02-29-12 06:03 PM
    I like native 10x more - imap, search, etc

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-29-12 08:06 PM
    Great comments from all of you.
    I also personally still prefer Bridge at this point, but my work Outlook does synch with my phone and laptop (we're on BES simple-free). It's my msn personal emails that don't synch.
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 03-01-12 at 03:16 AM.
    03-01-12 12:23 AM
    So far I prefer the native app... but I'd love BIS/BES push with read/sent sync.
    03-01-12 12:39 AM
    Yeah...I started a thread about this within 24 hours after OS 2.0 release....I prefer bridge, but wish it had the UI of native or if bridge just worked in the native UI.

I really like being able to "turn-off" my personal information when I disconnect bridge. It also makes it easier to share my playbook too. They can just connect to bridge and then have all their stuff.
    03-01-12 12:54 AM
    Bridged. Agree that native has some nice features, but I have been managing my email accounts nicely with the help of the bridge and don't need an additional one.
    03-01-12 08:01 AM
    Bridged, but i love the native email's IU & features.
    alan510 likes this.
    03-01-12 08:14 AM
    I love both.
    03-01-12 08:53 AM
    Cannot answer : I use native for convenience for my personal accounts and bridge for the work ...
    P.S: since I Gmail sync calendar and contacts on my 9900, this is pretty cool !
    03-01-12 12:59 PM
    native.. not a fan of bridge

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 02:31 PM
    Bridged, I don't have access to a wi-fi signal most of the time.
    03-01-12 03:22 PM
    I bought the playbook because of the bridge. I don't need the new pims, they are in folder on screen two. We all seem to forget why we bought this, anything after the bridge is just cake for me.
    03-01-12 04:47 PM
    I don't have a bb phone yet, so no luck with bridge. Hope to get a bb10 later this year.
    Love the new native email.
    03-01-12 05:50 PM
    (for those who can't see the poll results)
    More great comments, and Native gained a bit.

Seems like these two camps will be filled with their loyal followers. That make both winners - because the PB now covers them both!
    03-02-12 01:28 AM
    Bridged. Love how everything is so neatly integrated between my BB and PB - just wish the Bridge apps had their UI updated to the native.
    03-02-12 02:29 AM
    I enjoy using the native email and the social integration is great but there are significant limitations that mean it's just not useable for me. I was hoping I'd be able to use the Playbook as my main email device but the limitation of 30 days synch, inability to see any content in my G-mail folders and no access when bridged makes this a non starter. Also I have yet to be able to set up my work email using OWA even though the same settings work flawlessly on my 9900.

I guess for now I'll have to stick to my phone for email on the move and use my laptop as my main email device. Such a shame as I had such great hope for OS2.0 but the above means it's just left me hoping for another update!
    03-02-12 04:31 AM
    I use the bridge mostly turned native to manual for the odd email i want to keep around.
    03-02-12 06:35 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD