Can't seem to get the Playbook to recognize the email account settings for Shaw in Calgary. Anybody get this to work, who can share their POP/SMTP settings? Thx
    02-21-12 01:36 PM
    server address = pop.shaw.ca
    port 110
    use ssl = off

smtp server address = shawmail.XX.shawcable.net (xx for your area)
    smtp port = 25
    smtp encryption = off
    Rudee66 likes this.
    02-21-12 02:01 PM
    XX = cg

Let me know how it goes!
    Rudee66 likes this.
    02-21-12 02:03 PM
    Thanks to both of you!!!! Works with those settings.
    02-21-12 02:14 PM
    No problem!! Easy to get going once you had them?
    02-21-12 02:14 PM
    it doesn't work for me. I am assume you need to be on a shaw network for it to work.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-21-12 02:16 PM
    Yeah I had quite a bit of trouble getting shaw to work as well. I eventually landed on the same settings as dbwoo, with no help from shaw's official site lol.
    02-21-12 02:21 PM
    Yeah I had quite a bit of trouble getting shaw to work as well. I eventually landed on the same settings as dbwoo, with no help from shaw's official site lol.
    does yours work without being on the shaw network?

02-21-12 02:23 PM
    OK I'm having same problem can't get my shaw email to work can't some post step by step on getting this to work. Thanks
    02-21-12 02:30 PM
    Actually now that you guys mention it, I have had similar issues if not on Shaw's network and I think if you do a DNS resolve on those domain names and enter the IP addresses and not the domain, you will be working off the Shaw network as well. I *think* that is how I fixed it on my other laptop which isn't here today to confirm, sorry.
    02-21-12 02:37 PM
    Actually now that you guys mention it, I have had similar issues if not on Shaw's network and I think if you do a DNS resolve on those domain names and enter the IP addresses and not the domain, you will be working off the Shaw network as well. I *think* that is how I fixed it on my other laptop which isn't here today to confirm, sorry.
    I will see if dns lookup could help.

02-21-12 02:41 PM
    Let me know how it goes and I'll check the laptop settings once I get home.
    02-21-12 02:51 PM
    Let me know how it goes and I'll check the laptop settings once I get home.
    I don't have it confirmed but I am 99% sure that shaw mail(unless push email) does not work on other networks beside shaws. I went over to a friends whoms on telus with my laptop and it wouldn't even draw the emails. correct me if I am wrong.

02-21-12 11:35 PM
    server address = pop.shaw.ca
    port 110
    use ssl = off

smtp server address = shawmail.XX.shawcable.net (xx for your area)
    smtp port = 25
    smtp encryption = off
    I was getting the following error when trying to use these settings
    "Unable to log in: SMTP Server shawmail.cg.shawcable.net, port 25 does not support authentication. Try setting SSL to StartTLS, or removing the SMTP user and SMTP Password from the configuration"

I tried the first suggestion (SSL to StartTLS), no dice. Then I removed my user name and password and it somehow magically worked without it knowing my username and password. Not sure if I should be happy or a bit concerned haha.

I am able to send and receive emails, however I keep getting this annoying message in the messages app on the PB. It says unable to connect to server. Please try again later. Not sure what that means if i'm able to send and receive emails.
    02-22-12 12:35 AM
    Shawmail as server plus pop password
    SMTP doesn't use any authentication so I just left that blank, working fine
    02-22-12 06:45 AM
    I had it working at home but now out of town in hotels it does not work. Kinda frustrating as the app works so nice to attach multiple files or pictures. Very frustrating as I would love to brag and show off how cool this thing is. I might have to try to use my Gmail account and see if it works.
    02-28-12 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD