What is the best way to stop, while bridged, the message notifications for the Blackberry Bridge version of the message app? Since OS2.0 has the native messaging app, I no longer need/want the bridge message app running/notifying me.
    whitbags likes this.
    02-21-12 02:51 PM
    Good Q, subscribed for more info as I think I will end up with this same route now that we have native support.
    02-21-12 02:52 PM
    Go into bridge app on the phone, menu, device properties and uncheck what you don't want displaying..
    02-21-12 02:56 PM
    1. In Blackberry Bridge, on your phone, press the menu key, and Select Device Properties.
    2. Uncheck services that you no longer want Bridge to display on your tablet.
    3. Save and exit
    02-21-12 02:57 PM
    Open up the bridge app on your phone, highlight the PlayBook select the menu key and device properties.

There you can select the items you want to don't want to sync with your PlayBook.
    Superfly_FR and AllGoNShow like this.
    02-21-12 02:57 PM
    3 of us posted the solution approximately within the same minute :-D
    02-21-12 03:00 PM
    Damn and I came back to the thread with an answer thinking I was king!!! You guys are quick Thanks all!
    02-21-12 03:01 PM
    Okay, how about the reverse? I guess I want to check using the native email app ONLY when I want to check. I have to look over the settings there, I guess. Right now Bridge email gets my bbphone email and that is filtered (friends, relatives, folks I want their email now). But I do want to be able to get to the rest of my email occasionally (when away from desktop computer and want to check ALL mail in an account).
    02-21-12 03:06 PM
    Ha! Good stuff guys - excellent! Thank-you.
    02-21-12 03:10 PM
    Okay, how about the reverse? I guess I want to check using the native email app ONLY when I want to check. I have to look over the settings there, I guess. Right now Bridge email gets my bbphone email and that is filtered (friends, relatives, folks I want their email now). But I do want to be able to get to the rest of my email occasionally (when away from desktop computer and want to check ALL mail in an account).
    Is there a manual retrieval setting in the PB native app?
    That may be what you're looking for.
    I can't see mine, as I wiped and started over, sorry.
    02-21-12 03:13 PM
    i havent upgraded yet. does the bridge email look like the native email now? if so, i may just stick with bridge.

this is actually part of the problem i anticipated with native email...redundancy
    02-21-12 03:17 PM
    Yes, that would probably be what I want - manual "Get me cis email now" kind of button/switch. I see "push" and I was just testing sending myself email to my gmail account which is now installed in Native Accounts and always in Bridge. The first one only showed up in Native. Then when I looked for it in Bridge, it was not there but the next one showed up in both places (maybe it did not automatically bridge when I returned home from the gym.

More playing unless someone knows....
    02-21-12 03:18 PM
    i havent upgraded yet. does the bridge email look like the native email now? if so, i may just stick with bridge.

this is actually part of the problem i anticipated with native email...redundancy
    Yes, it could get out-of-hand. At the moment I would still prefer the bbphone to be the lead - selective email as I filtered on my bis account. But, say I go on vacation - then I would not mind the redundancy so I can view ALL mail to that account, including the spam! While the BridgeMail would still be the stuff/folks I want in one neater package.
    02-21-12 03:21 PM
    Btw native messages still works over bluetooth bridge with wifi off
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-21-12 03:22 PM
    Btw native messages still works over bluetooth bridge with wifi off
    Nice - I was wondering about this.
    02-21-12 03:23 PM
    I guess it's almost too much of a good thing!

Love the native email and how slick it all is, but while it's a nicer interface than bridge mail, as a blackberry phone user, I love the ability to do something on one device and have it carry over onto the other immediately. For this reason I'll just stick with bridge.

Integrating Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn all in one place is reason enough for me to keep the native Messages app handy!
    artie likes this.
    02-21-12 03:26 PM
    Okay so this is what i've found so far:

Options->Accounts->Select your account->Advanced Setup
    in there i've turned off push and set the sync to manual.

Once done with this, i send myself a email. Phone goes off, playbook doesn't. I then go to messages on the playbook and drag the message list down and release to do a "refresh". It says it's refreshing but the sent test email never shows.

I think this is the right process, at least i hope it is because i would LOVE for this to work, but I can't quite get it to work. Can anyone else confirm?? Thanks.

WAIT! I GOT IT! Just took it a few minutes. But it's working! Follow the above steps and you can get your emails in native app only when you want to get them! Hazah!

Edit #2: Just so everyone knows, i've posted a more complete process in the sticky for Q&A and FAQs at the top of the forum. Check it out if interested. Thanks!
    Last edited by Xavier85; 02-21-12 at 09:37 PM.
    02-21-12 04:02 PM
    Thank you for the answers. I had completely misunderstood the native app and the bridge messaging. I thought that in order for the native app to work, you had to have it bridged. Couldn't figure out why the Bridge Email was going off and not the Native one.
    02-21-12 04:53 PM
    Sorry it is still a redundancy... what is the use of syncing manually ??? " All for one and one for all " should be the two mail clients motto.... This thing has to be worked ... what a bunch of amateurs are working up there ?
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-21-12 05:08 PM
    I like the pull to refresh feature but everytime I send an email from the native app I get a red square or is says something about being unable to connect with the server or it is busy. Then a few minutes go by and it sends it. Anyone else experience this?
    02-21-12 05:08 PM
    Just set my email to manual. Mainly so I can use the interface to send emails, without getting double emails from Bridge.
    02-21-12 05:09 PM
    Okay so this is what i've found so far:

Options->Accounts->Select your account->Advanced Setup
    in there i've turned off push and set the sync to manual.

Once done with this, i send myself a email. Phone goes off, playbook doesn't. I then go to messages on the playbook and drag the message list down and release to do a "refresh". It says it's refreshing but the sent test email never shows.

I think this is the right process, at least i hope it is because i would LOVE for this to work, but I can't quite get it to work. Can anyone else confirm?? Thanks.

WAIT! I GOT IT! Just took it a few minutes. But it's working! Follow the above steps and you can get your emails in native app only when you want to get them! Hazah!
    By George, I think you've got it. I had already turned off PUSH and made it manual. I sent an email to my gmail account. It both phone/pb "NOISED" and there was the message in BRIDGE-email. Not in Native. I then did your pull down REFRESH and then the message showed up.

Got to try more testing. But I think this is what I wanted. Bridge/filtered in most cases but when on vacation (or when I want), I want to MANUALLY retrieve. Remains to be seen if I let this go for 4 or 5 days (or a month) what will happen with Refresh (I don't erase my gmail on server) but my CIS mail (also gets filtered to phone), I read on computer but I do remove from server so only the current stuff would be there (I hope).
    rbrooks86 likes this.
    02-21-12 05:12 PM
    By George, I think you've got it. I had already turned off PUSH and made it manual. I sent an email to my gmail account. It both phone/pb "NOISED" and there was the message in BRIDGE-email. Not in Native. I then did your pull down REFRESH and then the message showed up.

Got to try more testing. But I think this is what I wanted. Bridge/filtered in most cases but when on vacation (or when I want), I want to MANUALLY retrieve. Remains to be seen if I let this go for 4 or 5 days (or a month) what will happen with Refresh (I don't erase my gmail on server) but my CIS mail (also gets filtered to phone), I read on computer but I do remove from server so only the current stuff would be there (I hope).
    Glad to be of service.

Spread the word, i've seen lots of posts today about this very thing.
    02-21-12 05:16 PM
    Me personally I like the native email better. The redundant notifications were driving me crazy today but I just solved my problem by disabling bridge content I can now get with EAS. In the bridge app in your phone, you can enable/disable whatever apps you want to bridge. I turned off messages, contacts, and calendar and left on the others.

D
    02-21-12 08:40 PM
    Me personally I like the native email better. The redundant notifications were driving me crazy today but I just solved my problem by disabling bridge content I can now get with EAS. In the bridge app in your phone, you can enable/disable whatever apps you want to bridge. I turned off messages, contacts, and calendar and left on the others.

D
    I will say that I like aspects of the native email and if I can filter the email like bis does, I'd go fully for it.
    02-21-12 10:44 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD