Sorry it is still a redundancy... what is the use of syncing manually ??? " All for one and one for all " should be the two mail clients motto.... This thing has to be worked ... what a bunch of amateurs are working up there ?
    Not sure what exactly is the problem? Turn off the account you have on PB already in bridge app on the phone. Now you have 2 completely independent email clients like android phone/tablet or iphone/ipad...it is your choice if you want to have it on both or not.
    02-21-12 11:06 PM
    I think the problem here is not completely related to bridging. Yes to prevent 2 notifications per email stop the bridging of message, that makes sense. So use bridge, or use native email, don't use both. That's like using Outlook and Thunderbird on my PC to read the same email account.

For me the problem is that I can read the email on my playbook, but it doesn't instantly get marked read on my phone, so the phone continues to indicate a message is present.

Faster two-way syncing for GMail/IMAP accounts is whats needed. I don't need to bridge my phone and playbook for messages, I just need the devices to all sync when a message is read.

I haven't had time to test it in full but the playbook seems to sync ok, so if I read a message on my phone or PC the mail is marked read on the playbook. It just takes ages to sync on the phone if it's read anywhere but the phone.

Does this make sense? Essentially I don't care where I read the email, PC client, web client, Playbook or phone. I just want that marked read status to be quickly pushed to all. That way it does matter what device I have handy, I never have to mark mesages read more than once just to stop annoying notifications
    02-22-12 04:06 AM
    Btw native messages still works over bluetooth bridge with wifi off
    For some accounts, but not for all it seems.
    02-22-12 06:10 AM
    Here is my issue - I have a POP account (home) and an Exchange account (work). I have the POP account set up through the BIS to go to my BB, and I am on the BES so my Exchange account obviously goes to my BB too. On OS 2 I set up the native email client with the POP and the Exchange account too, as well as the Social Networks. Great integrated mailbox, I love it.

What I found yesterday is that without Wifi, on my PB I still can access my Exchange account messages and Social Network messages - the POP account however says I am not connected to a network and won't function.

No real issues here, but it would make more sense for the native email client to be able to use the BB network when bridged for all mail, including the POP account. Just neater that way. Even when I return to Wifi coverage, I have to re-enable the POP account through the account configuration menu for it to start working again.
    Last edited by kcorey; 02-22-12 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Add more info.
    02-22-12 06:27 AM
    Here is my issue - I have a POP account (home) and an Exchange account (work). I have the POP account set up through the BIS to go to my BB, and I am on the BES so my Exchange account obviously goes to my BB too. On OS 2 I set up the native email client with the POP and the Exchange account too, as well as the Social Networks. Great integrated mailbox, I love it.

What I found yesterday is that without Wifi, on my PB I still can access my Exchange account messages and Social Network messages - the POP account however says I am not connected to a network and won't function.

No real issues here, but it would make more sense for the native email client to be able to use the BB network when bridged for all mail, including the POP account. Just neater that way. Even when I return to Wifi coverage, I have to re-enable the POP account through the account configuration menu for it to start working again.
    My personal email is working fine over bridge but it is Hotmail so not actually POP. I have read other threads that Yahoo mail doesn't work over bridge for some reason but other providers do.

D
    jaedelen likes this.
    02-22-12 06:33 AM
    Thank you guys, less blips and blinks !
    02-22-12 06:43 AM
    Hey guys! My native mail works bridged (without wifi ), and even explorer. Which btw has disappeared from the bridge folder..... No redundancy in explores anymore... This thing is getting better... Astounding!
    02-22-12 06:50 AM
    I presume there is no way of making a sync link between your BB and PB inbox unless you go through a webmail client?
    02-22-12 07:03 AM
    Oh hang on, something just happened then - deleted on BB, and then vanished from native email on PB. I suspect it doesn't work the other way round though.
    02-22-12 07:07 AM
    My personal email is working fine over bridge but it is Hotmail so not actually POP. I have read other threads that Yahoo mail doesn't work over bridge for some reason but other providers do.

D
    I have the same issue with this new platform. I want to have my read email marked as read, no matter the device. If I read a GMAIL message on my computer, playbook or blackberry, I don't want to have to mark is as read more than once.....EVER!

There must be a setting that can sync all these devices, but I haven't found it.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Frustrated user.
    02-22-12 08:03 AM
    It took me literally 1 minute after I added my first Email account on the playbook to realize that it was redundant. While the UI for the Bridge isn't as nice as the new 2.0 Native. It works and works well. Its still a bigger display, and it does everything my BB does. So I removed the email.. Added FB, and created a new gmail account specifically for my PB. The Idea was I would not get double notifications, and If I wanted to send an email from my PB I could do that. Now that we actually have Native email on the playbook, and "Remote Bridge".. I really don't see the point of having native email on a tablet. I simply created a new email in case I needed to send an email through my tab and not have to use bridge email. I don't really care too much for receiving email on my PB. Ultimately I prefer to use my 9900 keyboard to type out an email anyway. The rich text feature is cool. But in all honesty.. I would never use it..
    02-22-12 09:41 AM
    I have the same issue with this new platform. I want to have my read email marked as read, no matter the device. If I read a GMAIL message on my computer, playbook or blackberry, I don't want to have to mark is as read more than once.....EVER!

There must be a setting that can sync all these devices, but I haven't found it.

A Frustrated user.

This has always been an issue with BB Smartphones! It will never happen as long as they are using NOC.

However the new Active Sync functionality is supposed to fix this. Which means that when you read something on your PB. It will be read on the computer. When you delete something on the PB it will be deleted out of your computer email. But your BB smartphone will be out of the loop, and you will still have to re-delete or re-read on the smartphone..

Or you can do what I did. Create a new email for the PB only. An email mostly used to compose new Messages. It works great for me..
    02-22-12 09:54 AM

A Frustrated user.
    Agreed. To me, this is proof that the PlayBook just accesses email servers directly (not through RIM) like the iPad does, which is why it makes it worse when we exhibit the read/unread and delete problems that Gmail encounters on BB phones. One way sync is annoying.

I can't confirm right now but can anyone confirm if marking an email as read on Gmail's servers marks it as read on the PlayBook via IMAP? Because this doesn't work on the BB phones themselves, but I have a feeling it will work on the PB because it should be using normal IMAP.
    02-22-12 10:01 AM

Try going into options -> internet Tethering, and manually telling your PB to use your phone's Internet connection. Seems to do the trick.
    02-22-12 02:38 PM
    Wonderful! Thought it was a little redundant to have native, bridge, and BB notify me for one email...
    02-25-12 01:49 AM
    Going to have to set this up today, finally got my natives setup and 4 copies for 1 email is driving me off the wall!
    02-25-12 10:33 AM
    Going to have to set this up today, finally got my natives setup and 4 copies for 1 email is driving me off the wall!
    Nothing like quadruple popularly.

There should be just a simple switch - turn off native email (and I'll let you know when I want it back on!!!!!).
    02-25-12 12:07 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD