I have been using my playbook constantly since launch day. Throughout the week i have compiled a list of slight not drastic changes that rim could make to drastically improve the overall usefulness and polish of the device and os.

Battery Management Settings
    1. Setting to allow how the device shuts off and wakes up. This could include the ability to turn off the swipe to wake feature (drastically improve battery standby time because the capacitive border would not have to be on constantly)
    The ability to sleep the device without using the power button (using two fingers to swipe down from the bezel)

2. WiFi sleep feature. Allowing the wifi to automatically shut off when standby for more than an hour. This should be a toggle feature, because many people need wifi on to get the future email client to receive new mail.

3. Update the battery info on the fly. Improve the battery information meter.

More Gestures

1. Gestures to sleep the device (use two fingers to swipe down on bezel to sleep)

2. Gestures in browser to move forward and back pages (2 or 3 finger swipes left and right)

3. Gesture or touch title of webpage to bring you to the top or bottom of the webpage.

General Features

1. Auto Text Correct

2. Better auto dim and brightness feature

Overall these features are not hard to implement, they are just simple fixes to what seems like a broken OS. I hope rim really listens and improves on some, if not all features.
    Intosh likes this.
    04-24-11 04:01 PM
    There is already a thread for this. Good list though.
    04-24-11 04:11 PM
    RIM NEEDS to fix the autotext entry on browser so it spaces automatically after a period, capitalizes after a period, etc.
    04-24-11 04:12 PM
    RIM NEEDS to fix the autotext entry on browser so it spaces automatically after a period, capitalizes after a period, etc.
    I think they are working on this. This is one part which rim usually nails it, see any bb, but this is one of the later things you think of when building an app, so that polish is coming.
    04-24-11 11:00 PM
    I need to be able to edit the "Favorites" in the browser - both renaming them and being able to categorize them - news, BB, kindle, entertainment, etc. Gestures in the browser seem a natural.
    04-24-11 11:30 PM
    I need to be able to edit the "Favorites" in the browser - both renaming them and being able to categorize them - news, BB, kindle, entertainment, etc. Gestures in the browser seem a natural.
    on that note, id like to be able to assign my own pictures to the favourites, or at least have the software assign the logo from the page
    04-25-11 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD