Am I dumb or what? I cannot find any way to e-mail a photo from the Playbook. Can it be done?
    12-15-11 07:16 PM
    I guess you know where the attach document button is?

Click on it, if you are bridged you have the option of viewing files in the phone or PB.

You will then have to select photos option, on the left I believe.

Don't expect to find your files with ease though if you have many. The Mail app ignores your folder structures.
    12-15-11 07:28 PM
    Assuming we are not using the bridging method, when within WiFi range, I would use PB web browser to sign in to my gmail or yahoo email account. It is sad PB does not have a native email client yet...

As mentioned by Fmar, tap on "attachment" on the gmail or yahoo email compose email page and you will be presented with a host of photos residing in the playbook under "camera pictures". Tap on the picture you wish to attach which will bring you back to your email and click sent.
    artdude likes this.
    12-15-11 07:36 PM
    I'm using an app called Files and Folders. It's is one of the best app I purchased on my playbook.
    I've configered the app to use Gmail as my default email.
    All have to do is navigate to the folder where my photos are (usally in the Camera folder), select the picture I want to send, click the send to button and enter the email address.

It's that simple. Another cool feature of this app is that it has thumb nail preview. So it makes finding the photo a lot easier.
    artdude and Innovatology like this.
    12-15-11 07:37 PM
    If I use G-mail, I can't find any way to attach a photo to the e-mail. I don't have a bridge.

And I don't see any way at all to send a photo when the photo is on the screen, in a manner similar to the Iphone.

I'll bet the only way to get a photo out of the Playbook is to hook it up to a pc. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyone?
    12-15-11 07:39 PM
    OK: here's another one: can I set up multiple folders for photos? Or do I have to buy an app for that?
    12-15-11 07:41 PM
    You can attach a photo to gmail without bridging.

Switch gmail to desktop or html mode (scroll to bottom of list of emails on left side of screen). Mobile is default setting, but you can switch to desktop or html.

Once in desktop or html you attach photos same way as you do on your PC.

Note, once you exit gmail, it reverts to mobile when you relaunch gmail.
    artdude likes this.
    12-15-11 07:41 PM
    I'll try both the the gmail tip, and the Files and Folders app. Nice to see there are ways!

Thanks
    12-15-11 07:55 PM
    There's a trial version of Files & Folders, so you can check whether it works with your e-mail server before making up your mind:
    12-15-11 08:53 PM
    I'm using an app called Files and Folders. It's is one of the best app I purchased on my playbook.
    I've configered the app to use Gmail as my default email.
    All have to do is navigate to the folder where my photos are (usally in the Camera folder), select the picture I want to send, click the send to button and enter the email address.

It's that simple. Another cool feature of this app is that it has thumb nail preview. So it makes finding the photo a lot easier.
    How do you set gmail as default?
    non techi here.
    12-15-11 09:07 PM
    Swipe down from the top bezel, then tap the Settings button. In the e-mail page you can configure your e-mail account.
    12-15-11 09:20 PM
    Innovatology - Files and Folders is a great app. It would be a perfect app for me if it can also connect to my network shares.
    Innovatology likes this.
    12-15-11 09:57 PM
    Your other question - one of the few places folders work is in the Photos app. Each folder will become an ALBUM. You can view photos by album. Unfortunately, you canNOT email photos from the photo app. Also, when looking to attach a photo to an email the folder structure is ignored (as was noted by someone above). So if you have 746, you have to scroll through the whole load of them to find the one to attach. Unless you go with Files&Folders.
    Innovatology likes this.
    12-15-11 10:32 PM
    Innovatology - Files and Folders is a great app. It would be a perfect app for me if it can also connect to my network shares.
    Working on it... ;-)
    12-15-11 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD