Ok. I have the Blackberry bridge fuction, so when out of Wi -Fi range I can use the Bridge to view e-mail messages via my phone. However, this version of e-mail is not half as good as the native e- mail on the Playbook that has folders that show sent mail, inbox etc like on outlook but it only seems to work with wi- fi?? This means I can look at new e-mails but not look through a 'Sent ' folder etc without a Wi Fi Connection.

So the question is, why can't i use the bridge to use the Playbook e-mail app, as it is much better than the Bridge version e-mail? Or can I??
    01-17-13 06:28 AM
    I know it's a little awkward and I'm asking myself the same thing.
    01-17-13 07:03 AM
    I'm not alone so. It feels like the bridge is a 'Lite' version of e-mail. Having a Blackberry phone we should be rewarded, not punished. I hope this is an oversight and not a ploy to make us get the Playbook 4gLTE version. Anyone else have a solution or is that just the way it is?
    01-17-13 07:23 AM
    when my bridge is connected i still receive all my emails to the native email. I usually do not run wifi and it works.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-17-13 07:24 AM
    Native email works fine when only using bridge for me.
    01-17-13 07:37 AM
    I've been able to use both Message options when on Bridge. Maybe you should delete the tablet from the bridge, then reinitialize? But I would agree with you that the Bridge email is "dumbed down". But it should be. I mean it is used just as a quick portal to your device. So...
    01-17-13 08:27 AM
    Thank you for the responses, somee godd info here. I will try the re-initialise the Playbook and see what happens.
    01-17-13 08:45 AM
    As long as the same email account is duplicated on the PB as is on the handset, the main mailbox will propegate the email and you'll have the folders access.
    The hickup comes when you don't have the same email account on both devices.......an example of this would be carrier provided emails. The PB will not allow this setup and thus you'll only get the emails on the handset and via bridge on the PB.
    On that note, has anyone managed to setup their carrier email on their PB? (not trying to hijack your thread OP)
    01-17-13 09:08 AM
    On that note, has anyone managed to setup their carrier email on their PB? (not trying to hijack your thread OP)

No. I just forwarded the carrier email to another, then shut off the carrier email. But that's a work around, not really a solution.
    01-17-13 09:15 AM
    As long as the same email account is duplicated on the PB as is on the handset, the main mailbox will propegate the email and you'll have the folders access.
    The hickup comes when you don't have the same email account on both devices.......an example of this would be carrier provided emails. The PB will not allow this setup and thus you'll only get the emails on the handset and via bridge on the PB.
    No I haven't. I don't even use that Addy as you can't access anywhere but you're phone.
    01-17-13 09:38 AM