I dont know if this has already been discussed, but I have found a way to attach pics,music,docs, etc. on the playbook. When in gmail simply select the "desktop" view. This will enable chat (which can be turned off), notifications, and attachments.

Attachments: Simply do as you would if you where on your pc.

Notification: I was pleasantly surprised when I left the page open on gmail, with desktop view, to find that I would get a red corner with a addition notification of any activity on my gmail account. You have to enable app back-rounding in the settings, and you also have to make sure gmail is the page that is left open whe
    n you swipe up to open another app.

I just got my playbook today, and I have to say, it is a wounder. I am a avid apple fan. I have a iphone, and just sold my ipad to make room for the ipad 2, but I was lured in with the promise of a full browser. I will admit that I miss my games and such, but I will tip my hat to BB. When I was in the market again for a tab, I wanted the smooth and flawless user experience that my ipad gave me ( in the context of my use ), and I have to say that the Playbook is by far the closest contender. I dont find myself missing my apps all that much due to the fact that the whole internet is now my oyster. Again,I do miss my games though. I think I will stick with the PB and see this thing through. They have some really great hardware here, and I feel like if they make good on their promises, this thing will be the almighty "ipad killer."

One unforgivable annoyance: The FRIGGIN BUTTONS! Whoever was responsible for that design "thumbs up" should really be given a wedgie....a big one. I mean come on man?
    Last edited by crp30; 04-21-11 at 08:54 AM.
    04-20-11 10:52 PM
    can you be more clear after you clean your screen off?
    04-20-11 11:40 PM
    how do u put your gmail in desktop mode. are you using that shortcut from the playbook?
    04-20-11 11:46 PM
    scroll all the way down on the menu which contains the list of new emails. at the bottom you will see the option to switch to desktop mode.
    Charles K and pjpete like this.
    04-20-11 11:51 PM
    ahh i see now
    04-20-11 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD