can anyone please help with the best way to add a selection of my DVD's to the blackberry playbook, thanks ... pete
    01-07-13 08:28 AM
    can anyone please help with the best way to add a selection of my DVD's to the blackberry playbook, thanks ... pete
    I use 2 pieces of software:
    - SlySoft AnyDVD (Rip the DVDs to computer)
    - SlySoft CloneDVD Mobile (Convert ripped DVD to .mp4)

Both are paid pieces of software but get lifetime updates of the programs.

Cheers
    01-07-13 08:36 AM
    Hello,
    I use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip my DVDs on my computer, then I use Handbrake to create a MP4 file, that I transfer with wifi to my PB. Works really well.
    DVDFab HD Decrypter, d�crypter Blu-ray/DVD, Copier Blu-ray/DVD
    HandBrake
    or you can use Freemake as well, it's free and very easy to use, it rips and transcode in MP4 : Freemake | Best Freeware Alternatives To Paid Video Software
    01-07-13 08:37 AM
    If you want to look into media center (Microsoft) there is a great program called my movies (www mymovies dk) I have used it for years. I now run it on my WHS2011 box where you put the dvd in the tray and it automatically copies the file structure to the server to transcode my my xboxes and also makes a mp4 to use on our portable devices. We have all 250 of our movies backed up and not one scratch on any of them.

And if were on the road ad forgot a movie we can log into the server and download the mp4 and watch it on our playbook
    01-07-13 08:51 AM
    I use Aimersoft Video Converter, has Pre-set for the Platbook, and I also use DVD43 css decrypter, you can choose which platform to rip to (in my cse, THE PLAYBOOK), and I save them to my mass storage drive so I can swap out any movies I want, depending on trip, mood etc.

works gret on Episodic progrmming, as in Lost, Deadwood, Dexter and so on....

Hope this gives you another avenue to pursue.....

C
    Enyigma likes this.
    01-07-13 08:55 AM
    I second freemake. I've been using it it for about 2 weeks and its great.

Tapatalking
    01-07-13 09:10 AM
    And I third freemake. Very easy to use.
    01-07-13 09:44 AM
    WinX Video Converter - Free Video Converter - Free Convert AVI MPEG MP4 WMV MOV FLV you can convert dvd to 3gp for your phone too, very good program and free
    01-07-13 09:50 AM
    guys, this will sound amateur, but I bought my gf "the killings" season 1 on DVD for xmas, and we are going on vacation on friday, and I want to know how to make the entire season into individual episodes from the 3 discs that it comes with and load it on the PlayBook for the flight to and from.
    01-07-13 09:52 AM
    winx would do that I did that for some cartoon dvd that I had for my daughter, converted for my 9810, so she can watch them while I'm driving, all episode are splitted into different file
    01-07-13 09:55 AM
    winx would do that I did that for some cartoon dvd that I had for my daughter, converted for my 9810, so she can watch them while I'm driving, all episode are splitted into different file
    Awesome, I will give that a try tonight
    01-07-13 09:59 AM
    Thank you to all you guys for the advice, i now have a media library on my playbook.
    01-08-13 08:27 AM
    guys, this will sound amateur, but I bought my gf "the killings" season 1 on DVD for xmas, and we are going on vacation on friday, and I want to know how to make the entire season into individual episodes from the 3 discs that it comes with and load it on the PlayBook for the flight to and from.
    Try Aimersoft Video Converter. Has bunches off preset profiles (INCLUDING THE PLAYBOOK), and you can just pick off the episodes you want, it will convert them for you playbook.

The only "issue" is that it does it in real time. i.e., the length of the show = the conversion time.

But it works flawlessly..........I've done my Lost and Deadwood and Dexter collections and its perfect.

Paid, but for what you get, well worth it.

C
    01-08-13 08:51 AM
    I did a comparison of 3 rippers to convert the James Bond DVD "Dr No". Handbrake and Freemake worked fine but the video was jerky. Not something I'd like to watch. The clear winner for me was Tipard. Smooth as silk, great conversion. However, it's not a freebie. If flawless conversion is what you want, it might be worth it.
    01-08-13 09:09 AM
    Thank you to all you guys for the advice, i now have a media library on my playbook.
    What solution did you go with?
    01-08-13 09:26 AM
    I tried last night, but it asked me to purchase Winx platinum, i was looking for a free option to rip and separate the media. Thanks though
    01-08-13 09:26 AM
    So, Peter: What did you use, and how did it go? Any advice or tips? Thanks and enjoy your viewing.
    01-08-13 11:03 AM