Personally since $500 is a decent amount of money to spend on a toy. I'd get one as close to perfect as possible, if that meant them opening every box or giving me my money and I go to different story and buy one.
    04-19-11 03:23 PM
    thats the thing it was a different radioshack too. got the second one at a different place. really wish someone with a pb could chime in. i took that photo using a led bendy light pointed an inch away from the screen so that is why it is so clear.
    04-19-11 03:24 PM
    how about in normal use. is dust noticeable under NORMAL conditions?
    04-19-11 03:26 PM
    ouch that's pretty unlucky
    04-19-11 03:26 PM
    ill give it a few weeks and exchange it when some new batches come out that hopefully dont have the issue.. thanks for the advice guys but if others with pb could share their experiences it would be much appreciated
    04-19-11 03:27 PM
    how about in normal use. is dust noticeable under NORMAL conditions?

no maybe under direct sunlight on a black background wallpaper.
    04-19-11 03:28 PM
    or viewing black bears in a coal mine?
    04-19-11 03:28 PM
    hahaha yea no one is rational with their new toys
    04-19-11 03:32 PM
    Dust under the screen is normal. You can exchange it all you want, it will come back.
    04-22-11 12:43 PM
    I would have to agree with Matt J. I exchanged my first playbook for dust under the screen. The second one has a minute spec that you cannot see in normal operation. Can only be seen (barely) in direct light with the display off. If I were to exchange it for a new one, I think the problem would just come back and I would exchanging playbooks for eternity.
    Last edited by hexenmeister; 04-29-11 at 10:39 AM.
    04-29-11 10:32 AM
    id return it if i were u. dust under the screen and dead pixels are probably the most annoying thing for me when it comes to expensive devices. i recently bought two. had to go thru a couple to get a good one. so far....these two dont have dead pixels or dust. the first one had a dead pixel and the power button was way to flat. took it back and tried another office depot store...and i was able to find a good one. good luck. it can be frustasting.
    04-29-11 10:44 AM
    i have dust underneath my screen made and RMA sent it out to get serviced got it back yesterday and noticed there is way more dust then previously before! Now sending it back to get serviced again till its right
    12-13-11 06:19 PM
    i have dust underneath my screen made and RMA sent it out to get serviced got it back yesterday and noticed there is way more dust then previously before! Now sending it back to get serviced again till its right
    Why don't you exchange for a new one? They will over night a new unit to you. They will put a hold on your credit card until they received your defective unit. Free shipping both ways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-11 06:42 PM
    I have dust under glass on mine. Can't see them during normal usage however it looks like there is more of it getting in - particularly at the edges of the screen and corners. It is beginning to annoy me but I will wait a bot more before calling RIM.

Dear playbook owners - can you check your Playbooks? It needs to be turned off and put under direct light - e.g. flashlight. Tell me how common it is please :-)
    01-28-12 02:49 AM
    To be honest I am afraid to look that carefully if it is there and I don't notice in regular use, I'll obsess with it if I try to find some, and succeed!
    01-28-12 03:56 AM
    yeah. i have dust underneath my screen as well. i think it might be normal. it was my biggest concern when i was buying the playbook and now its the last of my worries. when i bought my playbook, i was looking out for mostly dust and dead led. it seems like i have more now from the time i bought the playbook. it does bother me at all anymore. i dont really notice it too much. my girlfriends's playbook has it also. if it makes you happy, my brothers first gen ipad has dust under his screen as well. =) think the dust might be coming from the headphone jack or the speaker area.
    01-28-12 04:19 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD