yesterday I bought a new BB Playbook. But I found a four particles of dust under the screen cover so I am little bit angry. Is this normal? Did someone also find a dust under the screen cover?
    thanks
    11-27-11 09:34 AM
    yesterday I bought a new BB Playbook. But I found a four particles of dust under the screen cover so I am little bit angry. Is this normal? Did someone also find a dust under the screen cover?
    thanks
    Return and get a new one, easiest way.
    KermEd likes this.
    11-27-11 09:59 AM
    There have been a few reports of dust under the screen but very few.
    11-27-11 10:34 AM
    Would dust under the screen be covered by warranty?
    11-27-11 12:28 PM
    Would dust under the screen be covered by warranty?
    If you bought it from a store just take it back there and ask them to replace it, the only caveat now is the store having stocks to replace it for you. Your PB is just a few days old so its under warranty for a month that most stores offer via default.
    If the store thing dosent work call RIM and get it replaced, they have an years warranty on the PB.
    Good luck.
    11-27-11 12:52 PM
    The 1st 64GB PB I picked up had a piece of dust under the touchscreen, and developed one stuck pixel. I exchanged it the next day for a new one, that I opened in the store to check before leaving.

My original 16GB PB was / is flawless, as is the replacement 64GB.
    11-27-11 10:19 PM
    thanks
    Got mine exchange due to the same dust issue, I bought it from Staples a few months back . Didn't have a problem exchanging it. Good Luck!
    11-27-11 10:28 PM
    my 2 PL (32gb) just arrived today from Staples and i noticed one has two dust spots and the other one has one under the screen glass. i called a local store and they only have 16gb in stock.
    i will call the customer service on monday to see if they could deliver to the store so i csn check them before i accept the exchange. otherwise, i'll have to return them. but, i got really good deal on both and love them. do you guys think RIM will be able to exchange?
    12-02-11 08:17 PM
    i just got mine from Staples tonight ordered it online and picked it up at a store. i guess i'll have to call customer service to see about an exchange. I am so loving this thing but really disappointed to find dust in a brand new product :-(
    12-06-11 08:51 PM
    Im on my second Playbook and I have one particle of dust trapped under the screen. Its not visible really so it doesn't bother me much. I am thinking though that maybe it indicates that screen is not sealed properly - if there will be more than I will exchange it.
    01-22-12 10:57 AM
    Here are the contact numbers!

The PB has a one year warranty,and only a 90 day free Tech support.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    UK: 0-800-096-2805
    Twitter: @BlackberryHelp
    Email: [email protected]

Welcome to the forums!

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Enjoy!
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    01-22-12 11:02 AM
    Thanks. As I said - since those specks are not visible during normal use I will not send it for replacement. Unless of course it will get worse. not to mention that Im afraid that replacement could be worse:-) Except dust which is not noticeable - my playbook is perfect. No bulging, no dead pixels and battery life is excellent:-)
    01-22-12 01:39 PM
    I havent seen any under the main screen on mine but there are some on the FF camera. I have the 16gb one.
    01-22-12 01:55 PM
    How did you discover it? Does it affect pictures?
    01-22-12 02:00 PM
    How did you discover it? Does it affect pictures?
    Noticed it when I was cleaning the screen. Doesnt seem to effect pictures though, the particles are on the edge of the lens. I am not too worried about it as I dont use the camera and so far that seems to be the only spot I have had issues.
    01-22-12 02:27 PM
    Noticed it when I was cleaning the screen. Doesnt seem to effect pictures though, the particles are on the edge of the lens. I am not too worried about it as I dont use the camera and so far that seems to be the only spot I have had issues.
    I wonder - actual screen and the glass are not "sealed" together? (at least it appears so from the ifixit teardown) - so maybe it is possible to use hoover or air inna can thingy to blow them away?
    01-22-12 02:48 PM
    I've seen this on other threads. How does dust get under the cover anyway? Arent these things assembled in a clean room?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-22-12 at 02:51 PM.
    01-22-12 02:48 PM
    I've seen this on other threads. How does dust get under the cover anyway? Arent these things assembled in a clean room?
    I would assume that they are - maybe dust is getting in after the assembly?

BlackBerry PlayBook Teardown - Page 2 - iFixit

Playbook is not "sealed" after all. Thats why Im thinking that if dust got in - it should be possible to get it out :-)
    01-22-12 03:16 PM
    I am sure they are but defects or small gaps in the seal can happen. In my case it happened after it was opened. I habitually inspect my new toys to make sure they are in good shape lol these were not around the camera when I opened it.
    01-22-12 03:17 PM
    I just returned my first one for that very reason, and I'm very happy with the second one.
    01-22-12 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD