Hi everyone. Just started today. In the videos folder there are 3 main sections. 2 of them are fine, but inside of Downloaded Videos all videos are duplicated. Using files and folders I can tell there is only one copy of each file, but there are 2 thumbnails for every video.

I have restarted and hard restarted a few times before posting. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
    01-06-13 09:35 PM
    As part of the PB's stock file system, there is a "Videos" folder and there is a "Downloads" folder- there is no "Downloaded Videos" folder. Videos downloaded through the PB's browser normally go to the "Downloads" folder, with no associated thumbnails typically included. So, it would seem that either you created a "Downloaded Videos" folder or an app you installed created it. In any event, what makes you think that the duplicate thumbnails is an issue created by your PB as opposed to the app you used to download them with?
    01-06-13 10:17 PM
    Thanks for your reply but I am talking about the 3 main sections of the native video app. I have not created any new folders. using a file manager there is only one file as I stated before. Although the native video app shows 2 thumbnails under "Downloaded Videos."
    01-06-13 10:28 PM
    OK. You weren't exactly clear in your original post. The Videos app will show thumbnails of vids wherever they may reside on your PB, not just those vids in your Videos folder and not including the seemingly "duplicated" vids in the android folder. So if you have two copies of a vid, one in the Videos folder and another in the Downloads or in the Books folder, say, then both vids will show up in the Videos app. Have you checked all folders to see if there is another copy of the vids somewhere?
    pchapple13 likes this.
    01-06-13 10:56 PM

yes I have checked. as I stated this issue just started and has remained after restarts. all videos that have not been taken with the video camera seem to have 2 thumbnails as you can see from the screenshot. I hope this helps more.

thanks for your replies
    01-06-13 11:33 PM
    The "Recorded Videos" actually just shows videos that are in your Camera folder, whether or not they were taken by your PB's camera. Try moving one of the videos in your Camera folder out of that folder and into the "Videos" folder and see what happens- whether you get 2 thumbs of that video.
    nappp likes this.
    01-06-13 11:47 PM
    ok, I tried your suggestion and the video that I moved does not seem to have a duplicated thumbnail like the others. I'm wondering if tomorrow I should copy all downloaded videos off of the playbook, restart, and put them back on. this is quite a weird problem that started today
    01-06-13 11:55 PM
    Do you use the app stereo tube?
    nappp likes this.
    01-07-13 12:05 AM
    There is a downloads and DOWNLOADS directory..I've never seen this but it has me quite interested.
    nappp likes this.
    01-07-13 12:07 AM
    Have you just tried deleting the duplicate directly from the video app?
    nappp likes this.
    01-07-13 12:08 AM
    Try this. You said you have Files and Folders. Open F&F and navigate so that "playbook:/accounts/1000/shared" shows in the top left corner. Then do a search- tap the magnifying glass icon at the top. Type the EXACT name of one of the duplicated videos in the search box, tap the box "search subfolders", then hit search or the enter key on your keyboard. Then wait- it can take a minute or two. You should get three results- one file in accounts/1000/shared/videos, one in accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/movies, and one in accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/Movies. If you get four results, that extra hit is the problem.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 01-07-13 at 12:52 AM.
    nappp likes this.
    01-07-13 12:24 AM
    Try this. You said you have Files and Folders. Open F&F and navigate so that "playbook:/accounts/1000/shared" shows in the top left corner. Then do a search- tap the magnifying glass icon at the top. Type the EXACT name of one of the duplicated videos in the search box, tap the box "search subfolders", then hit search or the enter key on your keyboard. Then wait- it can take a minute or two. You should get three results- one file in accounts/1000/shared/videos, one in accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/movies, and one in accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/Movies. If you get four results, that extra hit is the problem.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "title" or "name" shown in the Video app does not always reflect the filename. It can reflect the mp4 tag info. I was trying to find a FILE using the "title" and I could not find it. Then I learned about mp4 tags and found a program to change the info that shows in the Video app. I do believe that most files show their real filenames in the Video app but some may not.
    nappp likes this.
    01-07-13 09:02 AM
    The video app will show tag info, if a tag exists, otherwise it will show the files name. I meant for the OP to do a search on a file name (not tag) as would show up in F&F by navigating to his Videos folder.
    nappp likes this.
    01-07-13 01:01 PM
    thanks for the suggestion. the search came back with 3 results as you described, not 4. the weirdest part about all this is it just started last night. I did download a .avi file earlier but not from stereotube or any other app. I simple used a direct download link. I don't think that could of changed the whole system or not. I have not tried my idea of cleaning out the downloads folder and then copying the files back in. I haven't had time, but I plan too.

any other suggestions are still welcome. thanks for the support!
    01-07-13 05:40 PM
    the files definitely are not duplicated, only the thumbnails. I would know right away as the avaiable storage memory would have skyrocketted.
    01-07-13 05:42 PM
    can I have more information as to what you are asking?
    01-07-13 05:43 PM
    He's saying open Videos, swipe down from the top, choose edit, then check a box on one of the duplicates, and then delete.
    nappp likes this.
    01-07-13 06:07 PM
    Before DELETING anything, if the "file" (original, copy or phantom) is something you want to keep, make sure to copy it to your computer (or elsewhere) just in case the file is some kind of mirrored directory or folder entry that when deleted, also deletes the original. (folks found that out the hard way when cleaning up the Android "copies" which were not really copies).
    nappp likes this.
    01-07-13 06:39 PM
    I had the same issue with my pb - it started after sideloading several android apps. The problem persisted for 3 months . A few weeks ago I cleaned up my android apps ( via browser) and the problem went away . I don't remember all the apps I removed but one of them was ghost commander.
    nappp likes this.
    01-07-13 08:31 PM
    ok thanks again for your suggestions. I wasn't going to delete anything especially since I've concluded they actually aren't duplicate files. only duplicate thumbnails. I moved all downloaded videos to the computer. after that one of the thumbnails for each still remained although they would give an error message when I tried to play one. the system would allow me to press edit and delete each one until the directory showed no files. now I have moved all downloaded videos back to the downloads directory and now only one thumbnail for each video as it is supposed to.

wish I knew what caused all this, but thank goodness its fixed now. if this problem happens to anyone else I hope this serves as a work around. thanks again for all of your suggestions everyone
    01-07-13 09:40 PM
    I have run into problems after a direct download of a video file. It seemed to have affected my browser, I believe. Was able to correct it only by doing a security wipe. It was a last resort, tried everything else.
    01-07-13 10:01 PM