I found this article hinting at what I've come to believe is BB's plan for any upcoming tablet plans it may or may not have...the "dumb tablet" powered by the phone.

The future of BlackBerry 10 & rumours of a

I think it's a great idea but my question is this:

Why could they not switch our current Playbook to a dumb tablet now? Maybe they are working on it, I don't know. It seems to me that if the current hardware specs are part of why BB10 might not be coming, then surely the current specs could handle simply being the slave to the phone, no?

In a way, it would end up being a suped up version of Bridge..I'd be happy with that.
    05-16-13 07:24 PM
    This is all speculation at this point. I like the "dumb tablet" concept in theory (basically the notion that you have one "mobile computing" device that can effortlessly connect to a variety of displays for different purposes), but I need more information about how this will actually work.
    05-16-13 07:30 PM
    And I am to expect that when I sitting at a picnic table, the locality will be providing me with this large-screen dumb device? Each hotel will have a lending library of larger-screen dumb devices for each member of my party? Every chair in every library will have one of these to lend to each patron at those chairs.

Yes, there is probably a large amount of inefficiency in each of us owning a pb or ipad or android tablet but I don't know who is going to make these dumb but powerful units available.
    05-16-13 08:56 PM
    I got more interested on "Celebrities that doesn't look like in person" article (below the main article)... it's probably a habit that when I'm reading something "dumb", I usually lost interest...

Anyway, the "dumb tablet" is not a dumb idea... only, I'm wondering how the company is going to advertise it and make it relevant? Asus did not advertise it as "dumb tablet"... In BlackBerry's case, they usually associate their products to target market e.g. a mobile computing device for business and professional people... are they going to promote it as "dumb tablet for dumb people?"... although it make sense, but... again, it's probably me being judgmental...

(Thinking deeper: do they advetise the PlayBook for dumb people? because we beginning to look like one)

Posted via Z10
    05-16-13 10:49 PM
    Yes, pretty hard to put a positive spin on "dumb tablet". Maybe "Processing Challenged"...or "Mobile Assisted" Tablet.
    05-16-13 11:23 PM