ok guys,

im trying to visit a few sites and im being directed to the mobile version of the site i.e mlb.com and ufc.com

I've searched in the site for a link to direct me to the regular site but i cant find it
    04-21-11 10:58 PM
    lol i have been trying to access some mobile sites and getting redirected to the full version. lol but annnnyway, there is usuallp a php command u can add to the url. my site uses .....?ui=desktop
    04-21-11 11:31 PM
    lol i have been trying to access some mobile sites and getting redirected to the full version. lol but annnnyway, there is usuallp a php command u can add to the url. my site uses .....?ui=desktop
    hmmm. could you use it in an example? thanks
    04-21-11 11:37 PM
    the woirk around for these sites (not BB's fault) is adding /index.jsp or .php or .html (depending on what code the site is built)
    The Official Site of Major League Baseball | MLB.com: Homepage
    That's mlbs. Bookmark it like I did once it loads up.
    Can't seem to find the string for ufc though :/ sorry.
    miketko likes this.
    04-21-11 11:37 PM
    the woirk around for these sites (not BB's fault) is adding /index.jsp or .php or .html (depending on what code the site is built)
    thanks.......
    04-21-11 11:42 PM

thanks! any ideas about the full gmail site?
    04-21-11 11:59 PM
    No problem, I actually like the mobile one they developed.
    If I notice something I'll let you know.
    Try this, after already logging in
    Html view: https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=html&zy=a
    Standard view: https://mail.google.com/mail/h/15cjo...P5J6PFLz-S0pxu
    Last edited by FTWrath; 04-22-11 at 12:06 AM.
    04-22-11 12:03 AM
    thanks! any ideas about the full gmail site?
    04-22-11 12:07 AM
    ^Exactly what those links will point you too but yes, scrolling down will be much easier lol.
    Thanks 312
    04-22-11 12:09 AM
    i cannot for the life of me find the twitter site
    04-28-11 05:27 PM
    At the very bottom of the Twitter site there are buttons for "Standard" or "Mobile"
    04-28-11 05:30 PM
    I'm not seeing that option. Bummer.
    04-28-11 07:44 PM
    I'm not seeing that option. Bummer.
    I've got the same issue, no ability to get to the full Twitter site. Little frustrating.
    04-28-11 08:18 PM
    I've got the same issue, no ability to get to the full Twitter site. Little frustrating.
    Same here. It was the full site yesterday. I even uploaded a profile picture with my Playbook. But today it became mobile.twitter.com, and there does not seem to be a desktop version for Playbook any more. Is it twitter that changed something at their end for some reason?
    04-28-11 08:53 PM
    ok so its not just me. ugh the mobile version sucks balls
    04-28-11 09:08 PM
    Same here. It was the full site yesterday. I even uploaded a profile picture with my Playbook. But today it became mobile.twitter.com, and there does not seem to be a desktop version for Playbook any more. Is it twitter that changed something at their end for some reason?
    Same for me. Yesterday full site, today is mobile with no option to change it. My Twitter app on my Torch is more useful than the mobile site.
    04-28-11 09:51 PM
    so twitter has no way to load their full site? Very lame.
    04-29-11 08:30 PM
    there has to be a way
    04-29-11 08:49 PM
    there has to be a way
    Let me preface by saying, this is NOT a "solution". A "solution" would be for RIM to offer this natively. This is a "work around" which I sincerely hope is not actually needed and not needed SOON. However, here's another glimpse at our upcoming "BWOW!SER":

So- I'm wondering which will come first...Our app approval in App World, or RIM giving us a proper browser. Maybe I will find out Sunday at BlackBerry World.
    04-29-11 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD