Personally, every single time the media speculates about Apple's upcoming products, they are always wrong or expected way too much. Apple's advancement in devices is very slow. Wait till it comes out and we will see what it has, media will be pissed, and consumers will buy it anyway, even if it is because the only difference is the absence of a home button, unfortunately.
    03-01-12 10:08 AM
    It's an apple!!
    Worms can easily infect Apples and for $800 I'll keep my dual core.
    03-01-12 10:16 AM
    Anyone who does not think that the Ipad 3 will post amazing sales numbers regardless of actual or speculated technical specs is wrong. Apple is not simply a technology firm, they are the Willy Wonka of product anticipation. So much money goes into little details that becomes part of the whole Apple experience. I have used Apple products before but have never owned any, I don't sync well with them but that doesn't mean they are inferior products. I love my Playbook and BlackBerry phone which work wonderful for me. When and if RIM releases an updated Playbook I will very much consider buying it but only after evaluating my current model, I can't see the sense in running out and buying a new device every time a new model roles out. If my current PB runs so smoothly on a single-core I can only imagine what it would be like on a dual-core. Lets hope app development continues and we see increased support at the enterprise level to further increase the market share of the PB but do not think that it is going to over take the Ipad in sheer volume. My two cents.
    03-01-12 11:48 AM
    Anyone who does not think that the Ipad 3 will post amazing sales numbers regardless of actual or speculated technical specs is wrong. Apple is not simply a technology firm, they are the Willy Wonka of product anticipation. So much money goes into little details that becomes part of the whole Apple experience. I have used Apple products before but have never owned any, I don't sync well with them but that doesn't mean they are inferior products. I love my Playbook and BlackBerry phone which work wonderful for me. When and if RIM releases an updated Playbook I will very much consider buying it but only after evaluating my current model, I can't see the sense in running out and buying a new device every time a new model roles out. If my current PB runs so smoothly on a single-core I can only imagine what it would be like on a dual-core. Lets hope app development continues and we see increased support at the enterprise level to further increase the market share of the PB but do not think that it is going to over take the Ipad in sheer volume. My two cents.

Playbook is dual core currently. Just it is dual core 1GHz, the new ones will be *likely* dual core 1.5GHz. But you are absolutely correct about Apple. Best marketing machine of all time, and their products are "pretty" in both how they look and how they function.
    03-01-12 11:51 AM
    The bridge that comes through the AT&T App World does not allow browsing without a separate data plan as well. Thank goodness for the work around but if AT&T had it's druthers we would have to pay as well...
    This raises an interesting point (to me, anyway). If Apple introduces a bridge-like feature to more seamlessly integrate iPad and iPhone that offers wireless network browsing capabilities on a wi-Fi-only iPad and it is controlled by at&t as it is on BB, would iPhone users be able to install a work-around if their phone is not jail-broken? I'm thinking not.
    03-01-12 12:02 PM
    This raises an interesting point (to me, anyway). If Apple introduces a bridge-like feature to more seamlessly integrate iPad and iPhone that offers wireless network browsing capabilities on a wi-Fi-only iPad and it is controlled by at&t as it is on BB, would iPhone users be able to install a work-around if their phone is not jail-broken? I'm thinking not.
    But why would Apple do this? To even theorize makes no sense whatsoever as it offers no significant advantage to the product.

Apple understands that some products should be stand-alone. They also want consumers, who don't use an iPhone, to have the same level of experience as those who don't.

This is where RIM fumbled on the PB's initial launch.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-01-12 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Typo
    03-01-12 12:14 PM
    But why would Apple do this? To even theorize makes no sense whatsoever as it offers no significant advantage to the product.

Apple understands that some should be stand-alone. They also want consumers, who don't use an iPhone, to have the same level of experience as those who don't.

This is where RIM fumbled on the PB's initial launch.
    I may be wrong but I believe the sleepingbear was talking about using your phones data plan without having to pay for a wifi hitspot or tethering plan. Not that you need an iPhone to get pim on your iPad.
    03-01-12 12:19 PM
    the rumoured iPad mini is going to be a threat to every other tablet - including iPad3.. perfect size + apps + extremely successful tablet brand
    03-01-12 12:50 PM
    the rumoured iPad mini is going to be a threat to every other tablet - including iPad3.. perfect size + apps + extremely successful tablet brand
    There's no iPad mini.
    03-01-12 12:54 PM
    There's no iPad mini.
    No there isn't. There is a rumour though

Report: Apple
    03-01-12 12:59 PM
    Regarding the rumored iPad 3's multiple cores: A properly multi-threaded web browser will perform noticeably faster on a multicore chip, and noticeably faster as the cores increase. If the iPad 3 does end up using a quad-core processor, look for Apple to tout the improved web browsing in Safari.

Regarding the rumored iPad 3's "Retina" display: If true, Apple will be using up nearly all of the available supply of high-pixel-density tablet-sized displays, making it difficult for any other manufacturer to compete on that feature this year.
    03-01-12 01:01 PM
    The LTE playbook is not a rumour..

Was in a meeting on monday with a canadian Carrier and the mentioned the New playbook due for arrival around april with LTE.

No specs though.
    03-01-12 02:54 PM
    I doubt there'll ever be a smaller iPad. From what I remember, they decided on 10" because smaller would cut into their iPod market and larger would cut into their Mac market. Personally I'm not sure who would buy a tablet over a computer just because of a larger screen size, nor am I sure that this information is accurate, but the fact remains that the larger the size difference between the iPad and iPod, the more likely a consumer is to buy both instead of just one.
    03-01-12 05:32 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD