oh let me play! you will see a quad core LTE android phone in early February. It will go for 48 hours of heavy usage due to new battery technology that we don't know about yet because everyone is so "tight lipped".
    ah, it must be one of those new air batteries I was reading about yesterday. oh, wait, that's for way down the road. LOL! Perhaps we need mini-nuclear reactors in our phones. that should do the trick. Now...where's my NBC suit....
    12-24-10 11:50 AM
    Hey folks, remember how badly the first Storm was received, due to awful s/w and a first-gen click-screen? The media and consumers are **** on half-baked products. I'd rather wait, then suffer through a terrible iteration of the PB.
    I agree! I would rather wait and get the best possible product than get a glitchy device. Plus, my birthday is in March so the PB will be what I ask for!
    12-26-10 08:53 AM
    man it sure would've been nice to wake up yesterday to a playbook underneath the Christmas tree! I could have then spent today getting it all set up to my liking because we're snowed in here in North Carolina...
    12-26-10 09:08 AM
    Speaking of the PB, anybody have any speculations on what the pricing is gonna be for this beast? What do you all think???
    12-26-10 09:41 AM
    Speaking of the PB, anybody have any speculations on what the pricing is gonna be for this beast? What do you all think???
    Co-CEO Jim was quoted saying under "$500" and other "leaks" say $399 so in that range
    12-26-10 03:20 PM
    Co-CEO Jim was quoted saying under "$500" and other "leaks" say $399 so in that range
    Well, it wasn't the most definitive quote,

The device has a 7-inch (18-centimeter) screen, smaller than the iPad’s 9.7-inch display, and will sell for “under” $500, he said.
    Other times they have said it will be competitive but then Mike Lazaridis said that he felt it offered more than the iPad. They are likely still testing prices according to enterprise interest and orders. It was also interesting that they said during the earnings call that margins will be in the 40s throughout next year.

Apple is taking a big cut on margins to push the iPad out at their prices, so either RIM will have a higher pricing scheme, are saving a lot on the smaller screen size or have some manufacturing edge they are going to work if the 16GB version is under $500.
    12-26-10 04:06 PM
    Got the iPad.
    No regrets.
    12-26-10 04:50 PM
    That's what I like to hear, reasonable price I think!
    12-26-10 05:00 PM
    12-27-10 07:42 PM
    RIM can't go too fast to get something to market or else run the risk of releasing a buggy piece of crap and then it will be game over for them.

iOS & Android tablets will be in full run mode and customers pretty much know what to expect. No one really knows how RIM will utilize QNX

iOS on iPad runs pretty smooth, HoneyComb for Android devices is suppose to be for tablets, not sure what Apple plans spec wise for the ipad2 but Moto and other tablets makers have spec'd out their devices and they will be on par if not better than PB specs.

RIM can't afford to release some junk but they can't afford to be last to the party either. IMO they may have let the cat out of the bag a little too early about the PB
    12-28-10 09:08 AM
    I see everyone complaining about it not coming out in January. Last time I checked that would still be in Q4 of 2010. They said Q1 of 2011 and thats when they plan on having it out. March is part of Q1
    12-28-10 10:17 AM
    Got the iPad.
    No regrets.
    get the iPad and do some weight training so you can hold the damn thing. oh, and buy a bag or case to schlepp it around town. oh, wait a minute--just buy a 7" tablet FTW.
    12-28-10 11:43 AM
    Got the iPad.
    No regrets.
    Can't argue against a product that exists; its on the market. You can buy it, have it, use it.

If the pb delay pans out to be true, given rim's reputation, I would bet $$ it won't be the last. I doubt RIM can get this on the market by summer...... While its rival will already have Ipad 2 out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 11:51 AM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD