I will create a new reply to bump this back up.

The rma pb arrived back about 10 minutes ago. I believe it is NOT my original unit. At least the Serial Number appears different (darn that tiny pint on the bottom spine).

Battery was at 11% so it needs charging to proceed with the UPDATE. On non-dock Rapid Charger and at 18%.

I don't know if it is BRAND NEW or REFURBISHED. It looks UNblemished. It has that clear screen protector with the "swipe fingers" on it like a new out-of-box unit. The back appears flat but will check on a flat surface once it is charged adequately and UPDATED. I guess I should look for PIXELS, too, once it is working and I can download Display Test and then grab Battery Guru, the only app I've purchased for the 32gig after reassigning my original bbid to the newer 64gig unit.

Ah.......... 20% - oh, it has to be "ABOVE 20%" ....

Step 1 of 2 .. downloading 31mb. So it has more than a naked pb.

I'll be back....
    05-21-12 11:49 AM
    Mine is expected back from rma by 10:30am. I will be curious to see if they fixed anything that caused by 32gig to lose about 15% overnight while in Standby and if they identify what the issue was. I have to wait around for it since it requires a signature on delivery.
    Let us know what the outcome is please.
    05-21-12 11:49 AM
    get battery guru.
    I already have battery guru.
    05-21-12 11:51 AM
    Let us know what the outcome is please.
    As I wrote above, my unit was replaced by another. Whether Brand New or Refurbished, I can't tell but it looks unblemished.

Pixels seem fine.

Still bringing the charge up to 100%. Oh, I just noticed "Recharge Count: 6" so what does that mean on a "new" unit? (off to the gym...)
    05-21-12 12:26 PM
    I had the same issue with my 16gb Playbook and solved the problem. Turned out to be low available free memory (yeah, strange cause versus effect). Here is what I found and some explanations.

Used my Playbook for months, NEVER any issues. Standby mode with Wifi never caused any battery depletion. Then I loaded up my Playbook with lots more content, apps, did some development of apps (I have some apps in Appworld) and had it connected to my USB for hours on end (during the debugging of my apps).

All of a SUDDEN, last month.... I noticed after putting my Playbook in STANDBY MODE (which I had always done previously with no problems) that I was now losing 10% charge per hour. Before it was NO issue, Standby all night and practically no loss.

So, I noticed the following "work-around"...

1. Playbook in STANDBY mode with Wifi ON ... would lose 10% an hour
    2. Playbook in STANDBY mode with Wifi OFF... would lose almost nothing

OK, So after a while I started deleting stuff and one day I "accidently" wiped a bunch of my files using a crappy app for file management which took out my entire documents and downloads directories. I went from having 100-200mb free on my 16gb Playbook, to having about 800-900mb free.

Then I noticed, the Wifi/battery depletion issue? Gone! Went back to going into Standby with Wifi-ON and no appreciable loss in battery. What is going on? My explanation is that QNX needs free space to save an image of it's RAM perhaps to standby properly. Otherwise it will actually keep running in the background with screen off.

So, I would suggest:

1. free up space, see if you have about 1gb space left
    2. do the reboot
    3. see what happens, go into standby with wifi still on

Report back here on results.
    05-21-12 03:39 PM
    I dont have much content on this playbook, at this moment in time there is over 5 gig free space and has never been below that since i got it in january of this year.
    05-21-12 03:52 PM
    Ok powered the playbook off last night by holding the power button down when the battery was at 60%. Powered it back on this morning and the battery was 59%, that will do for me.

I guess the last time i turned it off it didn't power down properly, and at least i don't need to call RIM today, i would hate to be without this thing for a while as i use it everyday.

Thanks for all the help from all of you.
    05-22-12 03:20 AM
    Thanks for reporting back.

If you use the Battery Icon, you would not have to guess if you held the power button long enough or too long (causing a restart).
    05-22-12 08:31 AM
    Thanks for reporting back.

If you use the Battery Icon, you would not have to guess if you held the power button long enough or too long (causing a restart).
    I did use that at first but it did not shut down properly, that's why it was using power when I thought it was switched off.
    05-23-12 10:21 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD