Hi everyone, most probably heard this a million times, what is the simplest way to download movies on to the playbook. Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:51 AM
    Hi everyone, most probably heard this a million times, what is the simplest way to download movies on to the playbook. Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    I use Aimersoft Video Converter. It's a paid program. You can also try Freemake, or Handbrake. These are free.

I know Aimersoft has a preset for the Playbook, and I believe Freemake/handbrake have them too.

Just convert to desired format ( I use Mpeg4) and then copy them to the Playbook and you set to go!

C
    08-26-13 08:55 AM
    Thanks I'll give a go

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:59 AM
    The simplest way is to simply transfer any movies/videos you have the same in way that you would transfer any other file to your Playbook (using USB for large files is generally quicker). Then install Kalemsoft video player, a paid app in app world. Kalemsoft will play virtually any video that you can throw at it.

The second simplest way is to use Streaming Now, a somewhat cheaper app in app world. Streaming now will allow you to stream vids on your PC to your PB. If Streaming Now can't stream the vid as is, it will tell you so, and can convert or remux the vid to a format that the PB will play. Remuxing means converting the audio in the video to a format that will play on the PB. The fact is, the PB supports most video formats- it's vids with AC3 audio that generally causes playback problems. The advantage of remuxing a video over converting a video is time- it can take up to two hours to convert a full length movie while remuxing the same movie will take maybe 8 to 10 minutes.
    08-26-13 09:41 AM
    NEVER thought of the "Remuxing", will have look into this.

Thx

C
    08-26-13 01:19 PM
    NEVER thought of the "Remuxing", will have look into this.

Thx

C
    If you don't want to pay for the app, there are a couple of free Windows programs that can also do this. Some swear by Avidemux, though I find it less than intuitive, and others prefer Xvid4PSP. In Xvid4PSP, to remux the audio, set the Video to "copy" and the audio to "aac".
    08-26-13 01:59 PM
    If you are playing things like mkv files, the stock video player will not handle these. Either sideload mVideoplayer or buy Kalemsoft (native app). Best by far is to d/l to a PC/mac and then transfer to the PB.
    08-27-13 09:28 AM
    The stock Videos app will play mkv files. Conversely, the newer versions of mVideoPlayer (not true for older versions) will not play anything with an mkv extension, in fact they'll crash the app. Changing the extension from mkv to mp4 or avi will allow the vid to be played with mVideoPlayer.
    tovento likes this.
    08-27-13 10:22 AM
    You can sideload this app to download almost any video from the internet to your playbook directly:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...daclip.android

You can search for the bar on the site apk2bar.
    09-05-13 10:06 AM
    Aimersoft is the way to go. Very simple

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 10:13 AM