Click Here To Make A PayPal Donation
    Donations:
    Emmett
    Chun
    Arthur

After a week now of searching and searching for a Non-Java way to download youtube videos I finally got it working.
    This will let you download videos straight to your Playbook
    Simply visit http://playbookyoutubedownloads.com
    Search your song name or artist and you will be given tons of results to choose from.
    Click download below the video and you will be shown the available mp4 downloads.

High Quality 480P Mp4
    High Quality 720P Mp4
    High Quality 1080P Mp4
    Mp4's only when available as some videos are uploaded only in Flv (Low quality vids).
    TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!
    Http://playbookyoutubedownloader.com

This will also work from your computer! Try it on your phone too and let me know if it works!

I suggest if it downloads slow just download the 420P videos. The quality is actually pretty good and plays in widescreen.

Some Playbooks might require a restart for the downloaded videos to show. Track your downloads by swiping down for options and selecting downloads tab.

Be sure to reply to keep the post alive! It would mean a lot.

Playbook App On Its Way!

Last edited by FTWrath; 06-14-11 at 02:02 PM.
    Naxz, ewakil12, ericlc2 and 49 others like this.
    05-06-11 06:19 PM
    After a week now of searching and searching for a Non-Java way to download youtube videos I finally got it working.
    This will let you download youtube videos straight to your Playbook, All you need is the http:// link of the video, paste it in the download bar, and click download. You'll be prompted to Name your video and download.
    Download From: Youtube, Daily Motion, Meta Cafe, Google, and More!
    Optional download of
    Low Quality Flv (Haven't tested if it works)
    High Quality 480P Mp4
    High Quality 720P Mp4
    High Quality 1080P Mp4
    Mp4's only when available as some videos are uploaded only in Flv (Low quality vids).
    TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!
    Http://playbookrevolution.com/tube

This will also work from your computer! Try it on your phone too and let me know if it works!

After doing some more downloads the speeds are FAST! Downloaded a video in less than a minute. The better your wifi the faster you will download.

I suggest if it downloads slow just download the 420P videos. The quality is actually pretty good and plays in widescreen. The video I downloaded was 420P and I took screen shots of it and you can view them below. As you can tell the quality is great, nothing to brag about, but at least you have something to watch when you're away from your wireless connection.
    This cool and one day you are going to prison.
    Mel25 likes this.
    05-06-11 06:34 PM
    lolwut?

05-06-11 06:37 PM
    Its okay, another troll that comes to CB because his devices community sucks.
    Im not going to prison, the downloads are from Youtube, not my site, Im not hosting anything.
    05-06-11 06:40 PM
    Great find!! Works perfectly!
    05-06-11 06:42 PM

05-06-11 07:12 PM
    Great find!! Works perfectly!

Thanks boss, appreciate it.
    05-06-11 07:19 PM
    how do i paste it in my download bar i dont see a bar to paste it in i just have a blank black screen
    05-06-11 07:20 PM
    we are lucky to have you in this forum.i appreciate your hard work
    05-06-11 07:21 PM
    how do i paste it in my download bar i dont see a bar to paste it in i just have a blank black screen
    Get the vid link from youtube for example:
    go to the site i posted above in the first post and it says where to post it.
    Thanks Sky!
    05-06-11 07:24 PM
    this will work on vimeo too?
    05-06-11 07:27 PM
    Not sure, havent tried it. feel free to though, wouldnt hurt.
    05-06-11 07:43 PM
    i get the message no videos found or site not supported, i dont know what im doing wrong could it be because im in Canada?
    05-06-11 07:51 PM
    Hmm. Works great on the laptop but cant seem to have any joy on the playbook.

I have had one 403 error and 2 files say they have saved yet I cant find them anywhere. Nothing showing in media and nothing in any folders when I browse the playbook directory from my laptop.
    05-06-11 07:53 PM
    Gonna try this tonight! I hope it works =)))
    05-06-11 07:54 PM
    k now i can get to the download links bug i name my file click save and nothing happens? maybe im to stupid for this
    05-06-11 07:56 PM
    Slide down from the top of your playbook to bring up the options and click on the downloads tab thats where the progress of the download is tracked.
    If it finished downloading it will be under your videos on the playbook
    05-06-11 07:59 PM
    ya... hmm.. whats the "download bar"...

edit:

wow ok... i get it lol... long day at work
    05-06-11 08:02 PM
    Hmm. Works great on the laptop but cant seem to have any joy on the playbook.

I have had one 403 error and 2 files say they have saved yet I cant find them anywhere. Nothing showing in media and nothing in any folders when I browse the playbook directory from my laptop.
    The 403 error has came up once for me as well and i believe its if the specific type isnt available. Because i tried a smaller quality file and it downloaded (same video). So try that. As for not finding it, it should be under your videos on your Playbook. Mine have saved without a problem. I havent tried finding them through the pc though.
    You could always just download with your pc and drag to playbook if all else fails.
    05-06-11 08:03 PM
    ya... hmm.. whats the "download bar"...

edit:

wow ok... i get it lol... long day at work
    Go the the site i posted PlayBook Revolution: Download and save any video to BlackBerry Playbook from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe and more! and paste the link in the bar (itll say where to paste it) and click download. You can check progress by swipping down and opening your options and tapping the downloads tab
    05-06-11 08:05 PM
    The 403 error has came up once for me as well and i believe its if the specific type isnt available. Because i tried a smaller quality file and it downloaded (same video). So try that. As for not finding it, it should be under your videos on your Playbook. Mine have saved without a problem. I havent tried finding them through the pc though.
    You could always just download with your pc and drag to playbook if all else fails.
    I think I was being impatient. A case of an unsupported file type and just not waiting until another file had downloaded. Thanks.
    05-06-11 08:06 PM
    i get the message no videos found or site not supported, i dont know what im doing wrong could it be because im in Canada?
    I am in Canada and it's working great!
    05-06-11 08:07 PM
    I just had mine not even showing up in the downloads, but saying they were already downloaded. I cleared everything in my browser (Cache, History, etc..), went back to download and it worked perfectly.
    05-06-11 08:09 PM
    welli pasted mynlink 3 times, the window to name the save poopped up each time, but still no action in the downloads tab
    05-06-11 08:10 PM
    k odd... yea i figured that out... awesome! but for some odd reason they never show in my download tab in the browser but it does download however not to my video folder... goes into my downloads folder...
    05-06-11 08:10 PM
187 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD