I feel as though I may have let an Android contagion into my previously pristine BlackBerry environment

Ever since installing 'Reaper' from BlackBerry World (on my PlayBook) I keep on getting an info notifier in the upper left corner informing "Download unsuccessful" along with the little green Android robot picture next to that message.
    I like the Reaper game but not so much that I want to continually see that message popping up all the time, so I uninstalled the app hoping the message would stop reoccurring: no luck.

I've tried long-pressing the message in hopes that some option to supress that notifier might become available but no luck there. I also looked through the setting menu for an optionto turn messages like that off but again no luck.

I was so careful not to install anything that I thought might have been a janky Android port but I did'nt see this one coming. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of this nuisance?
    I'd rather not go through a full device wipe and re-install if it can be avoided.

Thanks ahead of time.
    10-16-13 04:25 PM
    That's odd. Since reaper isn't android. Hope someone can help

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 04:48 PM
    10-16-13 04:54 PM
    How can you tell which app s are Android ports and which are not?
    I don't load apps from anywhere but BlackBerry World : not interested in side loading.

I just assumed it had to be Reaper since no such notifications existed until shortly after I installed that app.

Thanks for the fix: it worked like a charm and so simple.

The odd thing about the object that had to be deleted was that it was apparently a failed YouTube app download. Why the Android logo if it was a native app (YouTube)?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MisterShark; 10-16-13 at 06:18 PM.
    10-16-13 06:02 PM
    You can tell it's an android app if it runs in the android player. You can tell that it's running in the android player by swiping down from the top bezel while running an app. If you're running an app in the android player, a toolbar will appear along the bottom of the screen with a back arrow showing on the left side of the toolbar.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-16-13 06:20 PM
    How can you tell which app s are Android ports and which are not?
    I don't load apps from anywhere but BlackBerry World : not interested in side loading.

I just assumed it had to be Reaper since no such notifications existed until shortly after I installed that app.

Thanks for the fix: it worked like a charm and so simple.

The odd thing about the object that had to be deleted was that it was apparently a failed YouTube app download. Why the Android logo if it was a native app (YouTube)?

Posted via CB10
    Do a diagonal up swipe to the left from the bottom of your screen while in the app. If it results in a "back action" then it's an android port.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-16-13 06:30 PM
    Wow, I never would have thought my CrackBerry App was an Android app.

Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 06:54 PM
    Wow, I never would have thought my CrackBerry App was an Android app.

Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    It's not.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-16-13 07:01 PM
    It's not.
    Actually, it is. I'm assuming that he's referring to the CB Forums app.
    10-16-13 07:06 PM
    Yes, it's the CB Forums app on my PlayBook I was referring to.

A diagonal swipe from bottom right towards upper left takes me back to the main discussions screen from within whatever thread I was previously reading.
    This, as I've been informed tonight, is indicative of an Android app.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:08 PM
    yup it is
    10-16-13 10:06 PM