I experienced a lot of the issues reported by folks - lag, no wifi connection, slow load, no connection to bridge...you name it. But here's what helped:

1. This forum.
    2. Security wipe and a fresh install of 2.0
    3. MOST IMPORTANT THING - IF YOU USE DM FOR THE UPDATE, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT DISCONNECT DEVICE WHEN TASK BAR IS RUNNING EVEN THOUGH THE PROMPT SAYS "IT IS NOW SAFE TO DISCONNECT YOUR DEVICE." My guess, it is not safe...wait for task bar to finish and your PB to relaunch, then go through the disconnect process.

I disconnected when it said it was safe to on my first download and it was pure until I did the security wipe and the fresh install...after that, beautiful.

A little disappointed no native support for BES email/calendar/contacts - but at least I can run my gmail natively in a pinch if i don't have my phone with me.

Looking forward to playing with this tonight.

Where's Kindle!!!!!!!
    zorecati, Jr_660, 33497746 and 1 others like this.
    02-21-12 03:53 PM
    Glad you finally got it sorted out.
    02-21-12 03:57 PM
    My OTA update also turned into a nightmare...

The 1st problem I noticed was AppWorld crashing on me as I was downloading the update for Let's Golf2.

Then my PB shutdown on me. When I was able to restart it, I checked to see if my pics, video and music were there. Only the video were there, even though I could see my music and pics in Air Browser and on my computer (I mapped my PB as a drive...). Then everything crashed again.

I tried restarting my PB a few times, no luck. I then tried to reload the OS through DM. No luck, kept telling me that a critical error occured. tried that again, same results. At that point even shuting down and restarting my PB was an adventure.

Then I found your post and decided to do a security swipe. I was able to copy and paste the few docs I had not backed-up yet even thaugh my PB apeared to be totally iresponsive at that point... I could still access my folders through my computer.

It just restarted and it seems better now. Now I have a long evening of reinstalling everything on it when the little one is gone to bed...

I hope everything will work fine now. This was the first time I had problems with a PB and it was not fun at all!!!

Have a good one!
    qchenac likes this.
    02-21-12 07:04 PM
    Another good tip, if you've ever done one of these three things: Had the 2.0 Beta installed, ever side loaded an app, or ever loaded the leaked Android Market way back. If so, do yourself a favor and debrick or security wipe first. Even if you can update, having done these things causes issues after the update. Cheers!
    Boricua95 likes this.
    02-21-12 07:08 PM
    I always had run official release, which is why I didn't bother doing a debrick or security swipe first...

Didn't expect that level of difficulty but my PB seems fine now. I guess something got corrupted during install.

I see in other post that a lot of people are having the same kind of issues I had, hopefully they find these solutions and stay zen about it...

My anger management techniques came handy earlier...
    02-21-12 07:34 PM
    I always had run official release, which is why I didn't bother doing a debrick or security swipe first...

Didn't expect that level of difficulty but my PB seems fine now. I guess something got corrupted during install.

I see in other post that a lot of people are having the same kind of issues I had, hopefully they find these solutions and stay zen about it...

Haha, glad to hear it's all good. Now just sit back and relax, enjoy the new features, and breathe! it's finally here!
    02-21-12 07:41 PM
    I installed ota right away this morning. Fairly fast download. Install took some time. But I put 2.0 right over top of 1.08. No problems so far.
    02-21-12 07:47 PM
    Had a ton of issues with upgrading from a rooted playbook on os 2.0 beta.

Browser wouldn't load, nothing android would work, pb would lock up.

Did a security wipe, reloaded my apps from app world.

Works perfectly. The only thing I don't have anymore is the lock button that was on the pop up when you press the battery icon.
    Boricua95 likes this.
    02-21-12 09:56 PM

Glad you got it worked out. Makes me feel really lucky. I installed right over 1.08 OTA, it took about 20 minutes total, & had absolutely no problems. Really weird how the same OS update can do two different things to two different devices. Hope you get to enjoy it now!
    02-21-12 10:04 PM
    How do you do a security wipe on a PB that you can no longer get into?

Last night I successfully upgraded to OS 2 and used the features etc.

Used the Turn Off button and then charged it up this morning whilst it was still in the Off mode.

Later I took the charge plug out and then turned the PB on.

BUT - now I can't get past the Blackberry Playbook screen that changes colour every now and again. I can't get the device to open out so to speak.

The home screen of the PB does not come on.

Meanwhile - I opened Desktop Manager and I can access all the files on the Playbook through that - pictures, videos, music, but I can't back up.

So decided to do the bricked re-start via DM, that is open DM and then attach PB.

But, when it first started the update process it showed that it was installing 0 of 1 modules.

After some time of the green bar progressing my Win 7 crashed (which it never ordinarily does, and I think DM had something to do with it) and so i had to start the DM process again after I rebooted.

This time the update shows that 69 files are being updated .... so this must be a healthy download, I hope!

It got to Stage 2 of the process and started to download the 69 modules - when the download crashed about module 61 and then re-started itself and began re downloading the 69 modules.

Ok - so it's just crrashed again and the error message reckons I've got an internet connection problem - NOPE I haven't.

HOW DO I DO A SECURITY WIPE OF THE PLAYBOOK WHEN I CAN'T GET INTO IT?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Currently it's in stage 2 and downloading the 69 modules.
    02-21-12 10:09 PM

Where's Kindle!!!!!!!
    Sorry, you're going to have to sideload to get Kindle. But it does work once you do.
    02-21-12 10:09 PM
    Really weird how the same OS update can do two different things to two different devices.
    Yeah, I'm really paranoid in upgrading right now. Been combing through all the threads throughout the day and it seems there are more issues w/upgrading than straight up successful ones like yourself...
    02-21-12 10:21 PM
    I was going to wait a day or two but after backing up from Desktop Manager, the upgrade notice appeared so I decided to go for it.

20 min upload like some others have had? not here, 70 minutes to get to ~45% so far ... there must be a lot of people upgrading right now.

edit: fully updated! picked up and total time ~95 minutes. Everything looks good so far!
    Last edited by oilgeo10; 02-21-12 at 11:05 PM.
    02-21-12 10:33 PM
    It may seem like more are having problems because most people who have no issues probably don't visit the forums. I also installed OTA over the last OS. Both my Playbooks went straight through the download and install without a single glitch. All my previous videos and pics, bookmarks, and game data were unaffected by the new install.

It is certainly strange how some go so smoothly and some have so many issues. Wonder if load on the servers at the time of download has anything to do with integrity of data transmitted.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-21-12 11:02 PM
    Another good tip, if you've ever done one of these three things: Had the 2.0 Beta installed, ever side loaded an app, or ever loaded the leaked Android Market way back. If so, do yourself a favor and debrick or security wipe first. Even if you can update, having done these things causes issues after the update. Cheers!
    Read this a little late. I had sideloaded the android emulator and today at 5:01 updated my playbook. Once it had installed, I was checkin out the new stuff and wandered into the browser. that's when I found out that my browser crashes. I'm gonna security wipe now and see if it fixes up my problem because actually I have no clue on how to fix this
    02-22-12 12:24 AM
    appworld has serious problem i think...
    02-22-12 01:18 PM
    When I downloaded OS 2.0 over 1.0.8, I had some major problems with it including a lot of things NOT running smoothly AND broken Wi-Fi. I hooked up to my computer to back up the media I already had on my PB and I then did a security wipe. I'll admit that I already had problems with 1.0.8 because I had previously restored from a backup but I can't stress enough the importance of doing a complete system wipe before any major upgrade to *ANY* platform. You're asking for problems if you don't...
    02-22-12 02:31 PM
    I upgraded OTA but my Playbook was brand new and I got prompted for the update during it's initial setup. Everything has been running perfectly.
    02-22-12 02:35 PM
    I connected my PB to DM and looked for updates and it started downloading. It did take a long time, but I don't know how long. I started at 10 p.m. and by 11 p.m. I went to bed. When I woke up it was done. I disconnected the PB and it installed and completed all parts by itself. It was just luck because I really don't know what I'm doing.

Can I ask? What is sideloading? And also, I've never done a SECURITY WIPE. Is that easy?
    Last edited by PipeLady09; 02-22-12 at 04:38 PM.
    02-22-12 04:35 PM
    Well, I thought my problems were gone. My PB was very fast, everything was working perfectly and then I made the mistake of uploading pics, music and movies on it...

I started with pics, opened the picture app and everything was fine. Did the same with music, everything fine. Then I did movies and when it was done my screen didn't wake up with a swipe or power button. Did a hard reset and was able to see that the movies were there. Tried to open one, app crashed and then PB started being un-responsive again...

Debrick failed 2x on wife laptop (Vista, wifi, 69 Modules) fatal error. I'm now trying on mine (XP, hard-wired, 1 Module) since it kinda worked yesterday.

If this doesn't work, I guess my next step is RIM support... Good thing I updated my 64Gb first, I'm still under the 90 days support scheme.

Hopefully this works...
    02-22-12 05:49 PM
    another one with a problem. before i upgraded over my pb, my bridge worked fine.

i've update my pb using my pb and not desk manager, and went fine, setup, no issues.
    but the bridge on my bold 9900 (provider telus) asks me to turn on my bridge, then freezes. i've un/installed about 10 times now, and still the same situation. my bold is running at 7.1.0.74(196) and got the latest version of bridge (v.2.0.0.25)

anyone got any ideas or can direct me somewhere with some sources.

cheers
    02-22-12 09:47 PM
    Ok,

Quick update. I finally "debricked" my PB successfully, and it's now running wonderfully. Don't know what got messed up the first few times (1x OTA, 1x Security Swipe and 5x Debrick...) but I finally have 2.0 up and running.

I was a little nervous (don't know why...) when I pressed update now on my wife PB (16GB), but it went flawlessly. Now, in view of that, I've notice that a few people that have similar problems in installing 2.0 have 64GB models, is it just a coincidence or is there something else at play here?

I really like 2.0, once it's setup it's not that different, but enough to make the PB looks like a new toy! I meant tool... I'm still not sure if I'm going to connect my Hotmail account to the native message yet, I always liked the Bridge message and I'm not sure I want to deal with two inbox of the same stuff. Will wait and see how I can make it work. It would give me a good reason to clean up my contacts in Hotmail for sure...

Is there anyone who figured out how to import our phone contacts into the native app without resorting to Google? Just asking, looking through the boards it seems the only work around for now.

If you still have "bricked" PBs and debricking or security swipe doesn't work the first time, don't despair, keep trying. It worked for me... Although I was pretty close to try my luck with RIM support!

Well, long live OS 2.0! (Now that I'm back to my happy place...)

Have a good one!
    02-24-12 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD