How would I save a webpage onto the memory on the playbook, for offline reading later on?
    I did a quick search of the forums and unless I didn't know what the technical name for this is and therefore missed it found absolutely no information on it.
    04-27-11 11:29 PM
    Not currently possible.
    04-28-11 05:58 AM
    Read It Later: Save Your One Read Wonders

This has an app for ios and android but says it can be used with any browser too. It is great for plane rides.
    04-28-11 06:18 AM
    Well not ideal, you could take snapshots of the webpages on screen with pressing vol up and down at the same time. Keep in mind, this doesn't work when bridged...
    04-28-11 06:33 AM
    Found a couple of options for doing this. First option is 100% on the playbook. download the app "offline browser" (offline pages once installed)
    only trick with that app is you have to type in the full URL like Google for it to work (Google doesn't work) navigate to a page you want to save then click on the disk icon. your page is now saved for offline viewing. it currently doest work for pages with logins but they say thats coming. To view saved pages click on the folder icon and wait for it to scroll (its slow) once you can select the save pages its fast and works great.

The 2nd option uses your PC to save the pages.
    Open Internet Explorer on your pc and load up a page you want to save for offline viewing. Then go to "file" and "save as" and select "HTM" (mht doesn't work)
    save the page to your desktop or directly to your playbook documents folder.
    To open the save page open the browser on the playbook and type in
    file:///accounts/1000/shared/documents this will give you a list of the files in your documents folder. click on the web page you saved and it will open in the browser. (other file types don't open)
    I tried a few sites and all worked well. You can even click on the links and if you have a live wifi connection they will open.
    Hope this helps.
    arlanda likes this.
    05-12-11 03:09 PM
    Try "Offline Browser" in App World. I haven't tried it myself, but seems to be almost what you're looking for.
    05-12-11 03:13 PM
    Use instapaper. It helps. Theres laterpaper apps, can do offline reading but you got to subscribe instapaper, a dollar a month.
    05-12-11 06:29 PM
    Found a couple of options for doing this. First option is 100% on the playbook. download the app "offline browser" (offline pages once installed)
    only trick with that app is you have to type in the full URL like Google for it to work (Google doesn't work) navigate to a page you want to save then click on the disk icon. your page is now saved for offline viewing. it currently doest work for pages with logins but they say thats coming. To view saved pages click on the folder icon and wait for it to scroll (its slow) once you can select the save pages its fast and works great.
    This app allows you to only view te saved webpages and you cannot save a webpage using this app
    02-09-12 09:30 PM
    The 2nd option uses your PC to save the pages.
    Open Internet Explorer on your pc and load up a page you want to save for offline viewing. Then go to "file" and "save as" and select "HTM" (mht doesn't work)
    save the page to your desktop or directly to your playbook documents folder.
    To open the save page open the browser on the playbook and type in
    file:///accounts/1000/shared/documents this will give you a list of the files in your documents folder. click on the web page you saved and it will open in the browser. (other file types don't open)
    I tried a few sites and all worked well. You can even click on the links and if you have a live wifi connection they will open.
    Hope this helps.
    Or use a file explorer app (ie. File Commander) and navigate to the directory without needing to enter the path manually. I've also discovered that the file path are case sensitive. Finally bookmark the link (to index.html) and you're done!
    Note: FYI you can use HTTrack to download the site to PC
    Last edited by arlanda; 02-28-12 at 02:52 PM.
    02-28-12 02:30 PM
    would PrintToGo do the same thing .. (from your PC of course)
    02-28-12 02:40 PM
    You can use the print 2 go functionality built into os/2

-j
    02-28-12 02:47 PM
    Try "Offline Browser" in App World. I haven't tried it myself, but seems to be almost what you're looking for.
    I've tried that but it only save the current page and *not* the additional pages behind each link, which made the app less useful. Hopefully the author will add an option that will allows us to specify how deep to capture.
    02-28-12 03:02 PM
    Not wery well because not save all web page
    01-27-13 07:37 PM
    I use Offline Browser as well, just navigate to the page you want to save and hit the save icon. The page and linked images will be saved in the /accounts/1000/shared/documents/My Saved Pages directory and each page will have its own subdirectory. You can then use any file browser app to click on the HTML file to load it in the default browser app.

If you want to download a whole hierarchy of linked pages, wget's your friend
    01-27-13 07:48 PM
    I just find easier to use the bb world app called url to pdf to view web pages offline and I use repligo reader with text reflow enabled to read them.
    08-29-13 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD