Hey,

After running the official 2.0 for a while, i would like to downgrade back to the latest 1.08 version. Reasons:

- camera is much slower (sometimes i'm hit with a 5 sec delay before a photo is taken)
    - browser seems to crash more often than on 1.08
    - browser seems to be slower than on 1.08
    - wifi seems more fiddly than 1.08 -- in hotels i have had more problems connecting with 2.0 than compared to 1.08

And since that is the stuff i use the most, i don't really care for the other things 2.0 gives me.

I already did a full wipe, reinstalling the OS using the BB Desktop software - no luck. the same issues. It's probably another piece of software that i got installed -- but i have the same apps installed as i had on the 1.08 version, and stuff just worked.

Since i don't need a native email client, calendar and other stuff, i see now that i was perfectly ok staying on 1.08

Now, i read up on older threads, but all are dealing with going from 2.0 beta back to 1.08 - and the latest Dingleberry will only downgrade me to an older 2.0 version, so that i can root it. And that's not what i need.

Is there a way to downgrade from the official 2.0 to the latest 1.08 version?
    03-16-12 09:16 PM
    have to wait for new OS 2.0 exploit
    03-16-12 09:33 PM
    I think you will have to ask specifically in the Dingleberry or Rooting forum. I know there have been discussions of a "local web server" that fakes out DM but maybe that is what you have already researched.

I thought most had found the camera less laggy but I don't use it often enough or don't recall.

Good luck with your pursuit.
    03-16-12 09:51 PM
    have to wait for new OS 2.0 exploit
    URL is missing an o in blogspot...
    03-16-12 10:19 PM
    Hey,

After running the official 2.0 for a while, i would like to downgrade back to the latest 1.08 version. Reasons:

- camera is much slower (sometimes i'm hit with a 5 sec delay before a photo is taken)
    - browser seems to crash more often than on 1.08
    - browser seems to be slower than on 1.08
    - wifi seems more fiddly than 1.08 -- in hotels i have had more problems connecting with 2.0 than compared to 1.08

And since that is the stuff i use the most, i don't really care for the other things 2.0 gives me.

I already did a full wipe, reinstalling the OS using the BB Desktop software - no luck. the same issues. It's probably another piece of software that i got installed -- but i have the same apps installed as i had on the 1.08 version, and stuff just worked.

Since i don't need a native email client, calendar and other stuff, i see now that i was perfectly ok staying on 1.08

Now, i read up on older threads, but all are dealing with going from 2.0 beta back to 1.08 - and the latest Dingleberry will only downgrade me to an older 2.0 version, so that i can root it. And that's not what i need.

Is there a way to downgrade from the official 2.0 to the latest 1.08 version?
    I hope you're able to work it out. I have had the opposite result with all of your issues. As posted by many, my camera is actually faster, my browser is snappier and my wifi hasn't changed. I didn't have issues before and it's remained stable and good connectivity.
    Good luck
    03-16-12 10:29 PM
    Wifi and bluetooth perform much better with 2.0 than before for me.
    03-17-12 12:40 AM
    Not possible. There is no way to downgrade from official 2.0. RIM got smart and locked it down with a RIM signed/hashed fingerprint file for authentication. Sorry.
    03-17-12 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD