Since I updated to 2.0.1.358 my camera hasn't been working properly: when I open the camera application the screen is black and sometimes the buttons show up and sometimes they don't. Same thing for the video recorder.

So today I downgraded to OS 2.0.0.7971 and my camera is working properly again. Has anyone else had issues with the camera since updating to OS2.0.1.358?

I'm glad the downgrade worked because I was planning on a swipe (swipe = security+wipe ) to get my camera working again. I didn't want to do a swipe.
    04-22-12 07:55 PM
    Nope. Mine works fine.
    04-22-12 07:59 PM
    Just double checked since reading this thread, and my PlayBook camera is working according to specifications......I upgraded via OTA with a HARD RESET immediately after update was complete......I've been doing it this way since May, if that helps any
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-22-12 08:05 PM
    Looks like I'm a loner with the camera issues. That's good.

I don't understand why mine wasn't working with OS 2.0.1.358.
    04-22-12 08:15 PM
    Only one way to find out whether loss of camera function with the upgrade was an anomaly is to update the OS again especially since you know how to downgrade to the older OS
    04-22-12 08:31 PM
    Only one way to find out whether loss of camera function with the upgrade was an anomaly is to update the OS again especially since you know how to downgrade to the older OS
    Yup, only 1 way. But I won't be upgrading to OS 2.0.1.358 anytime soon LOL
    04-22-12 08:33 PM
    How did you actually downgraade?
    04-22-12 08:43 PM
    Looks like I'm a loner with the camera issues. That's good.

I don't understand why mine wasn't working with OS 2.0.1.358.
    Maybe, just maybe....because of that Crackberry Avatar (just kidding) . It's KOOL
    04-22-12 08:44 PM
    How did you actually downgraade?
    Here is the thread with the instructions. Look at Irsan's first post.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s2-0-a-718178/

It's really easy.
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    04-22-12 08:45 PM
    Maybe, just maybe....because of that Crackberry Avatar (just kidding) . It's KOOL

Let me guess... you're a united fan? lol
    04-22-12 08:46 PM
    04-22-12 08:48 PM
    Since I updated to 2.0.1.358 my camera hasn't been working properly: when I open the camera application the screen is black and sometimes the buttons show up and sometimes they don't. Same thing for the video recorder.

So today I downgraded to OS 2.0.0.7971 and my camera is working properly again. Has anyone else had issues with the camera since updating to OS2.0.1.358?

I'm glad the downgrade worked because I was planning on a swipe (swipe = security+wipe ) to get my camera working again. I didn't want to do a swipe.
    Glad it fixed your problem. A "swipe" (did you copyright that?) might have also worked?

How was that Downgrade Process? Easy to follow? As I noted in that thread, I was not sure of an instruction or two but that was just reading it and not trying it. I did grab those two files.

Does Spellcheck and Predictive Text work again in Bridge Email?
    04-22-12 09:03 PM
    Glad it fixed your problem. A "swipe" (did you copyright that?) might have also worked?

How was that Downgrade Process? Easy to follow? As I noted in that thread, I was not sure of an instruction or two but that was just reading it and not trying it. I did grab those two files.

Does Spellcheck and Predictive Text work again in Bridge Email?
    Someone used "swipe" incorrectly as "wipe" in another thread; I don't think he/she meant to use swipe... It's a confusing story, a little tired to explain lol here's the link http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...2/#post7310738

Now for the serious business... the downgrade was a very easy process and it was pretty easy to follow. Spell check and Predictive text NOW WORK AGAIN in the bridge applications that they are known to work in with OS 2.0.0.7971 (Bridge email, BBM, etc)
    04-22-12 09:48 PM
    Good to hear. If rim does not offer a Spellcheck fix soon, I might revert back, too.
    04-22-12 10:20 PM
    Good to hear. If rim does not offer a Spellcheck fix soon, I might revert back, too.
    Have no fear, according to @MichaelClewley "We have confirmed the Bridge autotext issue and it will be fixed in a Bridge update coming shortly."
    04-23-12 01:01 AM
    My camera doesn't work and it's exactly as described by the OP.
    I've tried the wipe and it didn't work. Maybe because the PB reloaded the same OS.
    I also have a massive power drain which I think is the camera somehow running in the background because I sometimes get a message that there is another instance of the camera already running. My playbook also gets abnormally warm around the rear facing lens.
    I'm going to try downgrading. Thanks for the, link to the instructions.
    04-23-12 04:36 AM
    My camera doesn't work and it's exactly as described by the OP.
    I've tried the wipe and it didn't work. Maybe because the PB reloaded the same OS.
    I also have a massive power drain which I think is the camera somehow running in the background because I sometimes get a message that there is another instance of the camera already running. My playbook also gets abnormally warm around the rear facing lens.
    I'm going to try downgrading. Thanks for the, link to the instructions.
    You are welcome.

I got that message as well! Try the downgrade and let us know how it goes! I really didn't want to swipe (security+wipe ) my PlayBook so I am glad the downgrade fixed it.
    04-23-12 05:58 AM
    I have the same problem. Complete wipe & restored to Feb 28, 2012. No default wallpaper or [HD demo] video files. I know everything was working fine until my last software download. Need help.
    04-23-12 07:52 AM
    I'm sorry you are having that problem. Until more people confirm that they have this camera problem with OS 2.0.1.358, I cannot say definitively that downgrading to OS 2.0.0.7971 fixes it. Anyhow, here are the instructions for downgrading.
    TUTORIAL DOWNGRADE 2.1.0.358 to 2.0.0.7971

Download 2 Softwares :
    1. Dingleberry 3.3
    2. OS 2.0.0.7971
    Make sure development mode is ON

STEPs :
    1. Make sure that your OS is 2.1.0.358 and use DM 7.0.0.41 (new update driver from your PB)
    2. Ekstrack dingleberry then run dingleberry.exe
    3. You need to run dinglebery for the first time to make firmware folder appear then close dingleberry.
    4. Open your OS 2.0.0.07971 and ekstrack it then put in the folder custom
    5. Connect your PB to your PC then DM will shown up.
    6. Run dingleberry.exe then click on Firmware Button.
    7. The firmware main view will shown up and make sure USB Information on the rightside is connected.
    8. Click on button on the leftside and choose custom
    9. Right button you can choose Core OS or Full OS. I choose Core OS
    10. And click the Update button below and wait until it finished (dont break any connection).
    11. After finished your PB will restart on goes back to 2.0.0.7971 without any notification for updating to 2.1.0.358. Close your DM.
    Let me know if you need more assistance.
    04-23-12 08:54 AM
    I have the same exact problem. tried relaodig the OS through the reboot and desktop software process twice as well as two security wipes... no go.

will try the downgrade today. one question when you downgraded did you choose full OS or only Core OS?
    04-26-12 06:56 AM
    So I went ahead and upgraded and my front camera doesn't work anymore. I am getting the same error as before. Either my device has a faulty camera (which I doubt) or my front camera just doesn't work with the latest OS.

I would downgrade right now but I am at my younger brother's graduation at the moment. He is graduating from Columbia University! I will downgrade in a couple days when I am not too busy and post my findings
    05-15-12 08:23 AM
    So I went ahead and upgraded and my front camera doesn't work anymore. I am getting the same error as before. Either my device has a faulty camera (which I doubt) or my front camera just doesn't work with the latest OS.

I would downgrade right now but I am at my younger brother's graduation at the moment. He is graduating from Columbia University! I will downgrade in a couple days when I am not too busy and post my findings
    Wonder what's up with your camera. Odd that an OS seems to kill it.

Congrats to your brother. Drive a mile or so north and visit my Alma Mater - CCNY.
    05-15-12 09:27 AM
    Working great here with the latest OS.
    05-15-12 11:24 AM
    Wonder what's up with your camera. Odd that an OS seems to kill it.

Congrats to your brother. Drive a mile or so north and visit my Alma Mater - CCNY.
    Yeah I don't know what's gong on. Maybe it's just my device. I am beginning to think that now. I attached 2 pics: one showing that the rare camera is working and the other showing what happens when I switch to the front camera.

You're a City College grad! Good stuff.
    05-16-12 07:58 AM
    Yeah I don't know what's gong on. Maybe it's just my device. I am beginning to think that now. I attached 2 pics: one showing that the rare camera is working and the other showing what happens when I switch to the front camera.

You're a City College grad! Good stuff.
    I've read about that "camera in use" error and no one has pinned down what causes it. Obviously, a reboot should clear it since nothing would be running on reboot.

BS, Biology for $27.00 per semester way back when!!! I took some non-matriculated courses at Columbia since my first job was associated with Columbia.
    05-16-12 09:53 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD