Hi all i've searched for an answer to this question and not found one its probably there but i'm not tech savy so didn't understand the answer! so when i receive email with an attachment i have the option to down load which i do and it shows up in the pdf app then it disappears, where does it go? I down loaded a file off a web site today and that was fine and it showed up in the pdf app. I have files and folders and have managed to get files from my phone over to my playbook no problem. So my question is where is my attachment. Thanks stumped
    01-03-12 03:03 PM
    Hi! If you're referring to downloaded attachments while using your BlackBerry Bridge Mail application, try checking your phone (do a search of the file on your phone). If I remember correctly, it stores it there, even if you triggered the download using your Playbook via Bridge.

Sorry if I sound unsure here. Can't double check, as I'm in the process of wiping my Playbook.
    01-03-12 03:09 PM
    There is a download folder in the PB and all files that you download should go in there. Sometimes you have to manually insert the file extension type, ex.for pdf put .pdf after the file name when it gives you the option to save, post download. If you dont have the correct file extension the reader wont be able to locate it, also sometimes it works better to rename the file completely.

Also, make sure that your Acrobat reader has the correct permissions set, if not it will not be able to read your downloaded files. To change permissions you can do that from going in the following order: setup, security, application permissions.

Hope this solves your issue
    drum likes this.
    01-03-12 03:13 PM
    The attachment will be on your phone not your PB. One of the security things I like is that what is on your phone stays on your phone. Using bridge is like using the PB as a monitor for your BB phone. If you want to view them on your PB tap Blackberry Bridge, bridge files and at the top you can select whether to look on your phone or your PB.
    Last edited by Hgouck; 01-03-12 at 03:21 PM.
    01-03-12 03:16 PM
    If you downloaded from your playbook browser, swipe from the top and click on downloads, it should be listed
    01-03-12 03:20 PM
    There is a download folder in the PB and all files that you download should go in there. Sometimes you have to manually insert the file extension type, ex.for pdf put .pdf after the file name when it gives you the option to save, post download. If you dont have the correct file extension the reader wont be able to locate it, also sometimes it works better to rename the file completely.

Also, make sure that your Acrobat reader has the correct permissions set, if not it will not be able to read your downloaded files. To change permissions you can do that from going in the following order: setup, security, application permissions.

Hope this solves your issue
    thanks for the reply. Where would i find this download folder? when i downloaded the attachment i didn't get the opportunity to change the name. Yes i checked the pdf permissions and they seem ok. If i could get this licked!!! thanks again
    01-03-12 03:56 PM
    Email attachments:

Phone SD CARD, Blackberry/documents/bridge

PB browser downloads:

Downloads folder (bookmarks, books, camera, doc.., downloads, music, etc)
    drum likes this.
    01-03-12 04:26 PM
    Where would i find this download folder?
    The path to the downloads folder is /accounts/1000/shared/downloads
    01-03-12 07:18 PM
    thanks for the help guys think i've got it! cb love it
    01-04-12 04:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD