Ordered my Otterbox on 4/21. After taking several days just to be shipped, it spent a couple days traveling throughout Colorado, then another couple of days meandering through Texas, and then on to West Virginia where it traveled yet another couple of days, and it is finally in New England (Massachusetts) where I'm sure it will stay until at least Thursday and then finally to it's destination in Connecticut.

If I had known it was going to take the scenic tour through the U.S. I would have paid extra for shipping.
    05-03-11 06:44 AM
    The case wanted to learn about the country first!
    Don't tell me you don't want a cultured case!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 06:53 AM
    What was the estimated delivery date? Maybe Otterbox isn't to blame,but the actual carrier.
    05-03-11 06:56 AM
    I got mine in 3 days from Otterbox....maybe I was just lucky
    05-03-11 06:57 AM
    I was never given an estimated delivery date until I started tracking the package, and I wasn't even able to track it for almost a week after they said it had been shipped. The carrier is FedEx! This is ridiculous. I live in suburbia, not the boonies.
    05-03-11 07:03 AM
    Sorry to hear about your problems, but be patient. "The best things come to those who wait". and wait... and wait some more.
    05-03-11 07:20 AM
    I had a similar issue. Placed my order on 4/23 and it didn't ship until 4/28!!! Called Otterbox to make sure my CC payment went through. No problems on my end. They said that they allow 72 hrs for processing???! Expected Delivery is 5/4??!!!! WTF???!! I'll be leaving for Colorado then...I told them if I knew it would take that long I would have picked it up @ Ft. Collins where they're located!!!
    05-03-11 07:27 AM
    3 days for me as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 07:31 AM
    I was never given an estimated delivery date until I started tracking the package, and I wasn't even able to track it for almost a week after they said it had been shipped. The carrier is FedEx! This is ridiculous. I live in suburbia, not the boonies.
    You must have used FedEx SmartPost. FedEx delivers it to your nearest USPS hub and they handle it from there. I ordered a case for the PB and Torch directly from Otterbox with SmartPost (because it was free). It shipped on the 26th, and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I too would have ponied up for the standard shipping had I known it would take over a week.
    05-03-11 08:29 AM
    SmartPost is lousy. They will take a shipment from a couple states away, which would take 1 day via UPS or FedEx ground, and drag it out to 5-7 days. Many companies have started using this, and I can no longer count on their free shipping to be worth anything. I used to order basic computer supplies from the Apple Store, since their Jonestown PA warehouse was 1 day away from me in VA with free ground shipping. Now it takes a week with SmartPost, negating the whole point of shopping with them. I have gotten new Apple hardware direct shipped from China faster than SmartPost shipments from PA, when it was all on the same invoice and all shipped the same time.

I think the USPS manages to taint anything they touch....
    05-03-11 08:58 AM
    Anyone know of local retailers that are carrying the Otterbox Defender for Playbook? I'd rather go down to the store and buy one. Anyone seen one in a store?
    05-03-11 09:16 AM
    Oh yea, it does say SmartPost, and I do see that it was sent to the USPS at some point in the tracking. The first estimated delivery date I had was tomorrow. Now it says Thursday. I wonder if I'll ever get it. You all know that I'm going to drop this thing on the ground before my case comes, right?
    05-03-11 09:17 AM
    Ah, mine is hiking the Pacific Crest Trail north from Sacramento and it, too, is apparently using Dumbpost but I did opt for free shipping. I've dealt with them before and have had good service including replacement of parts and it was fast.
    05-03-11 09:41 AM
    Ok, so maybe I should have titled this "Don't get the free shipping from Otterbox.com".

I better like this thing though.
    05-03-11 09:48 AM
    I am having the same issue. I ordered from them 4/23 and the expected delivery date is today. It was hanging out in Kansas for awhile for some reason.

Once I get i'm curious... and sorry if this has been answered elsewhere... but I have an Invisible Shield on my PB screen right now. Think I should leave it on even when I get the Defender?
    05-03-11 09:54 AM
    Once I get i'm curious... and sorry if this has been answered elsewhere... but I have an Invisible Shield on my PB screen right now. Think I should leave it on even when I get the Defender?
    I also have an Invisible Shield on mine and I am debating on whether I will be taking it off as well. I would like to keep it on for those times when I want to remove it from the case and use it, but I'll have to see what it looks like with it on. If the screens stick together or if the responsiveness is not as good I'll be taking it off.
    05-03-11 10:04 AM
    Ordered mine from Otterbox.com and received it in 3 days. However, it is significantly cheaper to get one on Amazon.com (around $48 with free Prime shipping).
    05-03-11 12:45 PM
    i ordered right through otterbox with a 7% coupon and free shipping. i got it two days early and im very pleased with it. the only thing that i wasn't pleased with is instead of them just emailing the tracking it was in a pdf i had to download. real minor gripe.
    05-03-11 12:51 PM
    I am having the same issue. I ordered from them 4/23 and the expected delivery date is today. It was hanging out in Kansas for awhile for some reason.

I also have an Invisible Shield on mine and I am debating on whether I will be taking it off as well. I would like to keep it on for those times when I want to remove it from the case and use it, but I'll have to see what it looks like with it on. If the screens stick together or if the responsiveness is not as good I'll be taking it off.
    I tried using a GA protector along with the OB and wasn't happy (but I did find a solution for me ) :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/gh...aybook-610475/
    05-03-11 12:55 PM
    The defender should come with a screen. I would take the Invisible Shield off because too many screen protectors could keep the PB from picking up your finger gestures/taps
    05-03-11 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD