So I just bought a refurb 32gb Playbook to pair with my 9930. I already have an Ipad 2 and have an Iphone in the drawer. I like the BB and the PB combo but do I keep it. I feel like its a great thing to have but.... I do kinda miss the iphone, but the lack of being able to have data for free is an issue when not on WIFI. Only thing I dont like on PB is that you cannot get messages unless bridged.... Some hard deciding factors.
    01-25-12 10:10 AM
    OS 2, projected in a month or so, should fix the native email issue.
    TerribleTim68 likes this.
    01-25-12 11:18 AM
    Yea wait for Playbook OS 2.0
    Many improvements coming.
    TerribleTim68 likes this.
    01-25-12 11:42 AM
    +1 on "wait for oS2.0", it's only another month away. After that, then I'd make a decision. But I'd sit tight for a bit first.
    01-25-12 11:45 AM
    The very fact that you're asking this question on a Crackberry forum means that you want to keep the berries and are looking for some positive support.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    noodle15 likes this.
    01-25-12 11:52 AM
    I always ask this question to our fellow apple fans. What apps do you use on a regular basis?
    01-25-12 11:57 AM
    Objectively, it all boils down to what you need and what you want (although arguably, they may differ). We can't tell you what to do if you don't know what you really need and want. In fact we shouldn't tell you what to do. Weigh your options well. Assess your needs based on your daily activity/usage for these gadgets. Then make your decision.

However, as others have said, try to wait a while for OS 2.0 before you decide. This way, you won't bang your head on the wall in case you decide to maintain the i-gadgets but realize that the PB OS 2.0 delivers what you really wanted/needed in the first place.

On the other hand, I'm inclined to ask...Do you really need to dispose of anything? The fact that you got the BB 9930 and the Playbook, when you still had your iPad2 and iPhone, leads me to assume that you've got money to burn (no offense meant) and don't really mind spending on and maintaining lots of gadgets. Just a thought.
    noodle15 likes this.
    01-25-12 12:04 PM
    I always ask this question to our fellow apple fans. What apps do you use on a regular basis?
    Having a PlayBook 32GB, a brand new 64GB and an iPad 1, I can tell you that my iPad use is limited pretty much to Zinio (coming soon to PB), Words w/Friends HD, The Daily (which I could live without if I had to) and Nook/Kindle apps (hopefully soon to come to PB in some form).

Scoremobile on PB is far superior to the iOs version, Facebook is about equal IMO, music playback on PB leaves iPad in the dust and movies will be coming soon to PB. Having a first gen iPad, I only have camera capability on my PB. At some point, I'll make a decision. I'm planning on giving my 32GB PB to my son, so that will leave me with 64GB PlayBook and iPads for the near future. If Apple doesn't fix the known iOs5 sluggishness issue with the iPad 1's, PlayBook will be my only tablet.

Hope this helps!
    noodle15 likes this.
    01-25-12 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD