Guys... they're PlayBooks.

There's no magical ingredient in them allowing them to transcend the four year obsolescence of their OMAP chipset.

There's no hidden 'untapped potential' over anything else from 2011.

Furthermore, there is no reason for BlackBerry to waste any more of their time working on it.

Just let this update thing go. It's a thing of the past.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, MaxR_A, halberry1 and 2 others like this.
    12-24-14 09:25 AM
    30 minutes to update...Happy Christmas PlayBook Fans!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    Kowal likes this.
    12-24-14 05:34 PM
    This is a post everyone should read if they are not a PlayBook owner and actually considering purchasing 1.
    I bought a Playbook in Oct on ebay - my first tablet ever. Had mac attacks for years before I jumped ship to macbook in Feb '08 - smartest thing I ever did - love 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and stick with it, thanks to a family mac biz in Florida. Never wanted an iPad or iPod - have the 4s, great on iOS6, crap on 7, forget 8. The point is that I LOVE MY PLAYBOOK!!!! It's handy and very well built. Shortcomings? nothing in this world is perfect. I'm still figuring out stuff. But it's a dandy little work pony and I can swap word docs to it from my MBp and keep working. The Playbook has a nifty leather case. I don't worry about taking it to bed or on the road. The MBp - that machine is strictly at my drafting table, but it travels too. An update for the PB? yeah, cool! I'm a baby-berry - love my 9900 - and I LOVE the PB. Highly recommend it. Apps - shoot, I'm happy to have the browser, Kobo reader, can work on stories, etc. right now, I access my gmail through the browser - stupidly did the two-step verification thing, but works through the browser. I love the PB - new model would have me interested eventually, but this one ain't broke, works super and I'm a happy camper. Great buy - what's not to love?
    jtv1, dmlis and mamasan47 like this.
    12-24-14 07:15 PM
    Yep, the BB PlayBook is old.
    But is it Bothered.
    Hmmmmmm, I don't think so.
    So what do old boys do to feel young again, even if it's for the last time, like if you had cancer.
    A dying smile wouldn't go a miss eh.

jtvberry
    12-24-14 09:05 PM
    Yep, the BB PlayBook is old.
    But is it Bothered.
    Hmmmmmm, I don't think so.
    So what do old boys do to feel young again, even if it's for the last time, like if you had cancer.
    A dying smile wouldn't go a miss eh.

jtvberry
    That's deep...
    12-24-14 09:17 PM

I think this is the most delusional thing I've ever read on CrackBerry, and that's saying something.

Just stop it. It's not fair on the easily led and the gullible, be more responsible than this.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    12-24-14 09:26 PM
    I think this is the most delusional thing I've ever read on CrackBerry, and that's saying something.

Just stop it. It's not fair on the easily led and the gullible, be more responsible than this.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    It was said in humour. Some British sarcasm! I don't for one minute think that anyone expected an update on Christmas day... I would hope that's the way most read it. Anyway have a good Christmas all you PlayBook fans...it's a great device!

12-25-14 04:00 AM
    Merry Christmas To All You Lovely BB, Workers, Users and Abusers PlayBookers
    ChinUp for the Year 2015 and Have A Great One (y)

jtvberry
    Kowal and axllebeer like this.
    12-25-14 06:55 AM
    I don't ask for much. I touted Playbook as Flash supporting and enjoyed The Movie Nework shows through Rogers. Now it requires an updated Flash install to play the movies. No doubt part of the Flash..device provider dance, but this really undermines my BB utility and enjoyment.

I'm sure that there are a great many BB Z10 and other device users who regularly run Playbook and counted on at least this basic level of functionality. It rather feels like the device is being stolen back from us. Fix this BB. Surely an Adobe license and upgrade is not so serious an issue for your loyal supporters. I currently run 2 Z10's and even a Curve.
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-25-14 01:13 PM

Don't count out an update to the PlayBook just yet...-funny.jpg

Merry Christmas, all!
    12-25-14 01:25 PM
    Merry Christmas to all, and a wonderful New Year!!!! :-) From the most awesome Z30 #PlayBookforever

Posted via CB10
    Kowal and mamasan47 like this.
    12-25-14 02:13 PM
    So... Where is it?

Posted from a D618
    12-25-14 05:44 PM
    I don't ask for much. I touted Playbook as Flash supporting and enjoyed The Movie Nework shows through Rogers. Now it requires an updated Flash install to play the movies. No doubt part of the Flash..device provider dance, but this really undermines my BB utility and enjoyment.

I'm sure that there are a great many BB Z10 and other device users who regularly run Playbook and counted on at least this basic level of functionality. It rather feels like the device is being stolen back from us. Fix this BB. Surely an Adobe license and upgrade is not so serious an issue for your loyal supporters. I currently run 2 Z10's and even a Curve.
    I was hoping a flash update for my Z10, thinking if that came it would be introduced to our PlayBook.

Am not that technical as I would love for be and still in the learners mode, so I couldn't tell you if my Z10 is running on this thing called HTML 5 (I think), but I would like to know if that if am mobile that if I cannot connect to my live online class lessons, I could of least watch the saved video of the sessions.

I can't even do that on my Z10 unless I had a flash update there together with Adobe Connect installed.

Someone suggested that maybe my uni college couple do with some implications, but they would be the only ones that possibly could do it depends on, if they depended on government funding or not.

I hope maybe one day, my devices, both my Z10 100-STL2 and PlayBook would be truly mobile on all platforms.

jtvberry
    12-25-14 08:26 PM
    Please let this thread die! It was obviously set up by a troll! There was never going to be any update! Let it go....

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-26-14 04:35 AM
    Please let this thread die! It was obviously set up by a troll! There was never going to be any update! Let it go....

Posted via CB10
    The OP wasn't the troll. It was another user (who posted in this thread) who claimed to have some ITK who talked to him about an update of which Kevin and the rest of the folks on crackberry had no idea about. Whether you believe him or not (and most don't for obvious reasons) the thread now serves as a joke sort of thread.
    12-26-14 12:05 PM
    Two nuns in a bath......

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    12-26-14 05:01 PM
    Horse walks into a bar. Bartender says:

Why the long face .
    12-26-14 06:45 PM
    the thread now serves as a joke sort of thread.
    I wouldn't say it's a joke. This thread illustrates perfectly, there is still an urge to vent and dream
    and an equally big urge for others to ridicule those who do so...
    This thread could (should?) go on forever...
    axllebeer likes this.
    12-27-14 07:26 AM
    The thread will go on as long as we let it. Me personally, I think the only update we will get is if the playbook is seen to be compromised in any way.
    Doesn't do any good for BlackBerry image if they have an insecure device about whether they want to acknowledge it's existence or not. I would say they would patch it especially if the likes of us make them aware of it.

Failing that, I'm sure me and axel have enough **** jokes to keep this thread running until the end of time

Bear and a rabbit goes for a **** in the woods, bear says to rabbit, "do you have problems with **** sticking to your fur?" The rabbit says "no why?" so the bear wipes it's arse with the rabbit.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 and axllebeer like this.
    12-27-14 10:07 AM
    �You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen. It said, �Parking Fine.� So that was nice.� - Tommy Cooper

jtv1, axllebeer and AWB70 like this.
    12-28-14 04:52 AM
170 ... 567