View Poll Results: Does Your PB Function The Way You Want It to?

Voters
414. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... totally!

158 38.16%
  • No... not at all.

11 2.66%
  • Yes, but after tweaking and add apps!

72 17.39%
  • No... I tweaked it and added apps and still no go.

20 4.83%
  • Not completely but its getting there

153 36.96%
    I don't know how to answer. It basically functions how I want but I'm also wanting some bug fixes and enhancements and optimization and I'm sure they'll get that done. By no means do I expect perfect.

So yes other than that it does function the way I want so I'll vote yes.
    jafobabe and Willard814 like this.
    03-15-12 08:07 PM
    Added another option to the poll.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-15-12 08:42 PM
    Mine is doing the what I bought it for! I do want to side load some Android apps that I really miss. But I'm ascared to.
    Lol! I'm ascared to too!
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-15-12 09:18 PM
    There is nothing better for how I use my Playbook, but there is no perfect table today. There are little things here and there that bother me about the Playbook.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-15-12 09:37 PM
    I don't know how to answer. It basically functions how I want but I'm also wanting some bug fixes and enhancements and optimization and I'm sure they'll get that done. By no means do I expect perfect.

So yes other than that it does function the way I want so I'll vote yes.
    +1 totally agree
    SnoozerBold and Willard814 like this.
    03-15-12 09:42 PM
    It's not really about the apps for me, as much as the Messages app is a bit slow. So, it just needs more polish. So yes, but not totally.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-15-12 10:53 PM
    I've had my PB since November 2011 and over all I am very happy with it's functionality especially after the OS 2.0 update. Besides the occasional browser crash (5 or 6 times since I've had it) and I got a headache setting up email and calendar. Other than that things have been running quite well. Oh yeah I did have to have my charger replaced because the locking mechanism that holds the plug in the PB broke, but RIM sent me a rapid charger instead of replacing the one that came with the unit free of charge.
    So basically what you're saying here... Besides the engine falling out, and the brakes failing a few times, your new car is treating you fine?
    03-15-12 10:56 PM
    Everything works, except BBM now is completely dead. It was working pretty much fine on OS 1.0. Now, since updating to OS 2.0 and bridge, all that happens when I open up BBM is just a spinning green circle, then it just crashes and quits after a few seconds.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-16-12 03:01 AM
    Hm. Difficult question! Don't get me wrong, I love my PlayBook. But there are some problems...
    The first one is language support. Both bridge and the partially the PB itself don't really support German input (can't use my Berry as a keyboard). There is a lot of work to do...
    Second: missing native support for .rtf, .txt files in Docs To Go. Another problem: Slideshow To Go won't open my presentations (the same ones are working fine with my BB Presenter).
    Third (and well known): missing sync of contacts, calendar und mails via bridge. I don't really need the new native apps, but they would be so nice (if sync was working)!

Hope RIM will sell the keyboard in a qwertz-version. So far I heard nothing about it.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-16-12 03:23 AM
    Yeah sure I'm happy. Only thing I would have wanted is for new native messaging and calendar to work with bridge. At the moment I'm not using them at all.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-16-12 03:25 AM
    My playbook is working well and deliver what promise but there are 2 things I miss.
    First the ability to use AZERTY bluetooth keyboard
    Second the ability to connect USB dongle or hard drive
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-16-12 03:36 AM
    Since 2.0 update I leave my mobile somewhere in the bag connected via bridge (its easier to ready mails on the playbook). But I cant initiate calls or receive calls on my PB. I miss feature that interact both devices the BB and the Playbook:
    - push calls to phone (dail from contact list or browser on the playbook) or simply dial numbers from the PB
    - take incoming calls on PB
    - display text messages received on mobile

Further more it would be good to have a scroll functionality. Its quit often that I accidently typ the ad banners when scrolling thru pages. There could be either some wipe gestures on the right or the site should be reduced to avoid the interaction with the content.

Browser improvements:
    - open browser with last page
    - gestures to easily toggle between taps
    - remember my password
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-16-12 03:52 AM
    Second the ability to connect USB dongle or hard drive
    Why do you need a USB hard drive? The Seagate GoFlex Satellite WiFi 500GB External Hard Drive with the latest firmware patch should fulfill your needs.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-16-12 04:09 AM
    Loving my PlayBook so far!

Oh and:

Why do you need a USB hard drive? The Seagate GoFlex Satellite WiFi 500GB External Hard Drive with the latest firmware patch should fulfill your needs.
    Yes but the ideal is to use what we already have, not be limited to one product we have to go and buy. :P
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-16-12 04:11 AM
    I like my playbook the way it is. Even though I hit the wrong button or screen area sometimes, that's my mistakes. Sure it could be improved, but with bridge and tethering, wifi and usb sharing, what more could I need or want anyways?
    Willard814 and kcmagnet like this.
    03-16-12 04:33 AM
    I like my playbook the way it is. Even though I hit the wrong button or screen area sometimes, that's my mistakes. Sure it could be improved, but with bridge and tethering, wifi and usb sharing, what more could I need or want anyways?
    I think it would be pretty cool to have USB flash drive/USB External Hard Drive, but to be honest I'm not sure how often I'd be inclined to stick a 2 inch USB cord followed by a flash drive to my PlayBook, to hang off of it until I'm done watching a movie. :P It's good to see you've got some optimism though, some areas people really just complain! Lol, I'm really loving my PlayBook and am definitely glad I'm not the only one.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-16-12 04:46 AM
    the playbook is excellent, i have no real complaints and i'm sure it will get better with time.
    zethaaron and Willard814 like this.
    03-16-12 05:24 AM
    So basically what you're saying here... Besides the engine falling out, and the brakes failing a few times, your new car is treating you fine?
    If that's what you got from my statement then have at it!
    03-16-12 06:08 AM
    I'm not a power user, but yeah, PlayBook fills my needs: browsing, email, bridging, some games, simply document editing, e-book, movies and musics. But best of all, no lag and no crash.

Sometimes I hope my iPhone & Android have same gestures (switching apps, closing, etc). It's really cool and easy to understand.
    03-16-12 06:42 AM
    Exaggerate much? I guess we can't all reach perfection like some on here. I'm glad your your Apple devices all work perfectly and never have any issue whatsoever. You should try to enjoy them in the Apple section here or on imore or whatever they call it.
    03-16-12 06:43 AM
    I pre-ordered and got my Playbook on opening day at full price and still feel like I got what I paid for. I've had no issues other than an occasional browser crash (<1 a month). If I had to buy another tablet today it would be another Playbook. I'm still waiting for a couple of apps (a real video chat, a better go-to-my-pc type app, ext.), but I'm confidant they will come. I was able to show off the Power Point presentation with my 9810 as the remote at work last week. All the iPads in the meeting didn't impress anyone that day.
    On the complaint side; I can't believe how much time I spend on it. Its a little addictive.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-16-12 06:44 AM
    The Playbook works for me but IT NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO SUPPORT PPTP. I feel like RIM only thinks about the big companies with major security policies. I understand PPTP is not the safest but it should be there for the used to decide. Even put a warning on the device when someone goes to use it, but please just put it there.

Anybody else upset about this?
    Willard814 and ckl_88 like this.
    03-16-12 06:48 AM
    The Playbook works for me but IT NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO SUPPORT PPTP. I feel like RIM only thinks about the big companies with major security policies. I understand PPTP is not the safest but it should be there for the used to decide. Even put a warning on the device when someone goes to use it, but please just put it there.

Anybody else upset about this?
    Why do you need Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) that a more secure VPN or other remote connectivity option would not provide at a reasonably low cost? I understand some ISPs for residential service require their subscribers to use PPTP but in a organization surely a VPN solution (OpenVPN or FreeSWAN, for instance) would be better. Anyway, I am curious why you use PPTP.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-16-12 06:57 AM
    Browser improvements:
    - open browser with last page - Swipe down and press Settings and toggle the value for 'Remember Open Tab ]s When I Start Browser' - exists
    - gestures to easily toggle between taps - Swipe down and press the web page - exists
    - remember my password - RIM should be able to address this very easily - not available
    Twitter limits you to 140 characters per message. CrackBerry requires a minimum of 10 (new) characters outside the quoted text per message.
    03-16-12 07:06 AM
    The Podcast App being missing and/or the database of shows not being available outside North America is really lame. Something RIM needs to address as soon as possible.
    03-16-12 07:07 AM
127 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD