If you bought a playbook in North America (110v) and you're going abroad (220v), does your playbook's power adapter need just an outlet converter or also a power converter. On my standard issue power adapter it says: "input: 100-240v - 300mA 50-60Hz".

I would think, having read that, that I don't need a power converter, just an outlet converter. When I asked @blackberryhelp they didn't respond but some guy who may possibly work for them did, it was tough to figure out from his twitter bio. He said that I DO need a power converter.

Can someone who knows what they're talking about and actually has traveled with their PB give me an answer please? Thanks!
    04-30-12 09:17 PM
    I gave a US PlayBook to my friend in London. I included a plug converter. My friend says it works fine.
    victorshikhman likes this.
    04-30-12 09:30 PM
    I bought my Playbook here in Canada. I have used it both in Europe and West Africa (both 220v) for months at a time. All I used was an adapter to fit the plugs in those locations and the Playbook charged fine with no issues. It did heat up the charger more than usual, but everything remains fine months later.
    bbfan1040 and victorshikhman like this.
    04-30-12 09:37 PM
    Mine worked great in China. I did not even need a plug adapter.
    05-01-12 03:07 AM
    If you bought a playbook in North America (110v) and you're going abroad (220v), does your playbook's power adapter need just an outlet converter or also a power converter. On my standard issue power adapter it says: "input: 100-240v - 300mA 50-60Hz".

I would think, having read that, that I don't need a power converter, just an outlet converter. When I asked @blackberryhelp they didn't respond but some guy who may possibly work for them did, it was tough to figure out from his twitter bio. He said that I DO need a power converter.

Can someone who knows what they're talking about and actually has traveled with their PB give me an answer please? Thanks!
    You kinda answered your own question. "input: 100-240v - 300mA 50-60Hz" It will work on every AC outlet ranging from 100 till 240V, and 50 to 60 Hz.

The charger works fine on 220V. I bought my playbook in the USA, and use it europe with the USA charger.

Edit: You will need a converter plug though.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-01-12 04:50 AM
    Dear God that was a good answer, quite politely worded. Well done. Don't think I could have been that... ermmm... neutral.
    05-01-12 10:11 AM
    The charging adaptor will work just fine on any AC voltage you are likely to find. All you need is a physical adaptor for the different pin layouts in the sockets you will find. If you don't have one, you should find these in the airport duty-free shops as you pass on the way too coffee. You may find grounded and non-grounded adaptors, your charger is almost certainly 2-pin without ground so the more expensive adaptors are overkill.

However, based on experience you might hit a few problems with physical access to the sockets particularly if your adaptor is chunky and/or the connector on your charger is built into the block (not on a flexible cord). I often find hotel sockets are all in use, not well positioned, and the chargers are too chunky to share a dual outlet so it may be a choice... have light, watch TV, or charge equipment In developed countries the hotel can often loan a multiplug extension if that is a problem - although I have been known to go out and buy my own!
    05-01-12 11:49 AM
    Good info, I'm headed to Eastern Europe next week and I am bringing my Playbook
    05-01-12 12:09 PM
    Hi from Bulgaria,

I can confirm that you will have no problems using your PB in Europe.
    05-01-12 01:43 PM
    As Branta mentioned, some of the sockets can be recessed and depending on your plug and the size/shape of the plug adapter you can have problems getting things to fit in the recess.

Here's links with Euro sockets and an adapter that I've found useful. Depending on what else you are charging, you might want more than one (camera, cellphone, pb, etc). Also, one of the Europeans can answer but I think different sockets/adapters were necessary for Italy and/or Austria and Germany but I might be mistaken.

AC power plugs and sockets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Electricity in Europe - Power Sockets and the Connected Tourist
    05-01-12 04:12 PM
    Do I need to take several charges with me when I go to Indonesia? I have a Samsung Galaxy 111 and was planning on using the charger for it and my Playbook. Will this work, or should I bring both chargers with me?
    02-12-13 07:52 PM
    Do I need to take several charges with me when I go to Indonesia? I have a Samsung Galaxy 111 and was planning on using the charger for it and my Playbook. Will this work, or should I bring both chargers with me?
    Beforehand, I would check out that each device can be charged by whichever SOLE charger you planned on bringing and make sure it works for both devices. If so, then only the one charger could be necessary EXCEPT if you want to charge both devices overnight. I just returned from two weeks in Italy. I brought along 3 chargers - a camera battery charger (non-usb) and two pb chargers, the normal usb one to charge my bb phone faster and then Travel rapid charger (non-dock) to charge the pb. I had purchased a 3 socket US charger adapter (two front, one rear) that had a 6-8inch plug cord on it. I plugged that into an Italian plug adapter and so could charge 3 devices on one socket.

Here's another model of the one I have:

Monster Outlets-to-Go Power Strip - Walmart.com

Ah, here's the model I have:

https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/6...ise%2F10242764 (I might go for the slightly smaller one now but the long cord was helpful in a few locations)
    02-12-13 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD