Coming up to an upgrade on my mobile, which is currently a 9700. Just wondering what to upgrade to, another bb or something else, that will work with the PB. I have not had any issues with the 9700 and it a good partner to the PB. How flexible is the PB if I move to a non bb mobile? Any thoughts?
    03-07-12 04:10 AM
    I use an android based phone and the only thing that works that i have found is the wifi tether and bluetooth, thats it.
    03-07-12 04:39 AM
    Well, you lose all the bridge functionality if you go to another phone. If you're looking for a faster phone, why not try a new Bold? You get touch screen, 4g, amazing keyboard and of course can control your playbook remotely. Of course you can go another route like android, but you lose the total experience. I would wait until BB10 comes out before making a decision. I have the 9780 and am going to wait until December and see.
    03-07-12 04:44 AM
    When you say 'work' I presume you mean the internet? Because that's the only thing that will work other than bluetooth. I've used a HTC desire and a Galaxy S2 tethered to my PB and it works fine for the internet but obviously you won't have any of the other features offered by bridging. (No BBM etc).

In the UK with T mobile on a pay and go sim for a fee of about �20 gets you 6 months worth of subscription to Blackberry services which would give you BBM and internet on your BB phone which you could use to bridge with your PB and as its only costing around �40 a year you could still afford to go and get a decent phone.
    03-07-12 04:51 AM
    Stick with BB, you want the cool remote control feature don't you

Try the 9860, or the 9810, or 9900
    03-07-12 07:43 AM
    Note with the latest version of Bridge, you no longer need the Blackberry subscription.

Use Telstra prepaid in Aus (no BIS), and Bridging works fine for effective tethering as well as routing Caller ID, and Remote mode
    03-07-12 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD