View Poll Results: Does CB Need a Forum Just for Complaining About the PB?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 38.24%
  • No

21 61.76%
    My opinion was the same in October 2011!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...enting-664704/
    Was that 11K posts ago!?!
    Willard814 and Chrisy like this.
    03-14-12 10:44 AM
    Well, it was popular like watching a NASCAR car wreck is popular. Or how bad news gets more ratings. Popular doesn't always mean best, or good.
    Wonder of wonders, it's still there, though there have only been two posts this year:

http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-r...es-forum-f133/

People who whine about complaining here in the PB subforum should check it out. Now THOSE people knew how to complain. You don't see many "My PB is a total POS" threads.
    Chrisy and Willard814 like this.
    03-14-12 10:48 AM
    Trolling and Personal Attacks in the BlackBerry PlayBook Forums
    This forum was built on the principal that each and every member (that's you) is treated with the utmost respect. We are extremely proud of this and feel this is one of the things that differentiates us from other forums.

That said, we have a zero tolerance policy toward individuals who come into the forums just to tear it apart. If you think the PlayBook sucks then try hanging out in your own forum instead. The BlackBerry PlayBook forum is dedicated to PlayBook enthusiasts - not PlayBook haters. If you're stopping by to talk smack and turn people away from the forum you will be asked to leave.

Members with higher post count and those who have been registered for a while - should know better - and are not exempt. You should not be cursing, belittling, or making other members feel stupid for opening a thread.

It's this simple: keep the gloves on, stay on topic, and move on if you see a thread or post that really irks you. If you troll, bait, or **** people off on purpose, we have a button with your name on it. If you feel like you're a victim of this behavior, we also have a special button for you. It's that red triangle icon in the upper corner of each post. Trust me, we have a group of mods with tons of experience that will respond in a fair way.
    The forum rules.
    I particularly like the part in bold type.
    03-14-12 10:50 AM
    Wow! I may read over that section for nostalgia sake. Good times. Bad Storm.

LOL! Just replace Storm with PlayBook! Classic.

http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-r...ontrol-190698/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-14-12 at 10:54 AM.
    03-14-12 10:51 AM
    And stop making these kinds of threads.
    This is the only thread I have ever created such as this... OK mom! Secondly last time I checked this was a BB fan site where folks could come for help with their device. I don't know if you have noticed but there are a ton of threads either ranting or comparing the PB to some other device, so if a new user where to jump in and see all the cry baby rants they could possibly get discouraged and go to another site for help. Hence my suggestion for a separate forum for the rants and whiners. I'm just trying to help make it easy for all involved, if you don't like it you can always bypass the post.
    rjedge54 and joelled like this.
    03-14-12 10:56 AM
    I meant everyone stop making threads of this kind. Not you specifically. This is just one of many.

In any case. It's not going to happen.

New member or not, most people are smart enough to read the good and bad to obtain a balanced review. Or they'll ask a trusted person. Or they'll test it themselves.

I read a lot of horrible stuff about thePlayBook pre OS2 release. And I STILL bought one, pre OS2 release. The key is to read the complaints and see if the issue is a dealbreaker for you. I personally don't care about native email, Netflix, Skype, and some other things. But that's just me. Everyone has different needs.

There's definitely way less people not enjoying their PlayBook post OS2. So that's a plus.

People are probably more influenced by ads for BlackBerry, or lack of it should say, then these forums.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-14-12 at 11:22 AM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-14-12 10:59 AM
    Maybe this should have been made into a poll.
    It is a poll!
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-14-12 11:02 AM
    THEN TELL THEM HOW TO FIX IT OR DO IT.

There's too much emotion and drama and people getting offended in here lately.

Just answer the question and move on. Or don't and move on.
    Someone normally does. However, there are people that post on this site that rant and rave about how crap the pb is because it cannot (they think) do something. If the said people started the post "how do I......" instead of "blaa blaa blaa. FAIL", it would be welcomed more.

I'm also wearing my hearing aids so shhhhh, don't shout.
    Willard814 and rjedge54 like this.
    03-14-12 11:26 AM
    Sorry for shouting. Ha.

Yeah, I know some posters attitudes turn people off to helping. But if you do just get past that and help them you may be surprised at how appreciative they are. Be the bigger person.

As I said, we know when someone isn't asking for help or just simply frustrated. Those that just want to stir up trouble are easily recognized and dealt with.

Just my opinion.
    Chaddface and world saviour like this.
    03-14-12 11:29 AM
    Since most of the posters in this subforum are noobs, they won't remember this, but CB had a special "Rants and Raves" subforum for the original Storm that was set up for kvetching. I think it was one of the most popular subforums on here, IIRC.

If that happens, a separate "Mindless and Uncritical Adoration" subforum wouldn't be a bad idea, either.
    +1 The storm is when the complaining began - before that it was 'MOSTLY' hints, tricks and tips from Members like PLTaylor, C_X, JEffH and Reed and Sunkist (THEE CB Geniuses from back in the day)
    Last edited by bunky1971; 03-14-12 at 11:50 AM. Reason: highlighting
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-14-12 11:45 AM
    I have suggestions for more forums:

- Complaining about Complainers (this thread would fit nicely in there)
    - I Love PB More than Anything in This World and I Cry if I Leave It At Work By Accident
    - PB is Perfect, Other Tablets Su ck Big Time Because ...
    - PB is Perfect, If You Have Problems (Which IS Impossible), It Must Be You, Because You Are Dumb or Experiencing Hallucinations

These forums will take care of 99% of all traffic
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-14-12 11:53 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD