Hello,
    I was just wondering does anyone have connection problems through wi-fi.
    I was in staples trying to connect to the internet on the playbook and it wouldn't. I made sure it was connected to staples open net wi-fi. I even rebooted the playbook and still nothing happened. Also I tested the android tablet and they were fine. Does the playbook have a weaker antenna?
    07-29-11 05:58 PM
    It happened to me once a few days after I got my 64GB but restarting fixed the issue.

It's been pointed out that some just down like certain routers.
    07-29-11 06:30 PM
    i do find with my pb that it doesn't seem to get the greatest range at home, but i think it could be the router, i wonder what will surface from this discussion. i might actually test signal strength and compare between my bb and pb this weekend, ill post results..
    07-29-11 06:40 PM
    Almost always this is a router problem.

To increase range, you might have to install two routers on the network:
    Router Setup - Two Routers on Same Home Network?
    07-29-11 06:43 PM
    Yes! The ability of the Playbook to consistently pull an IP from various routers is not very good. Range has not so much of an issue for me but consistently establishing the initial connection is where I see problems. This is not a problem with the 3 iPads in my house. I often have to try to reconnect to the router multiple time for it to pull an IP address.
    Last edited by lavrishevo; 07-29-11 at 06:51 PM.
    07-29-11 06:48 PM
    Not always the router. I have an ipad, ps3, android phone, windows phone, playbook, and ran many other phones on it, NO issues but the playbook will not connect to the router sometimes. I have to restart my router to fix it, BUT I am an IT professional and I have seen bad routers and a bad router messes up with multiple devices or all devices, NOT just one. I have tested taking the ipad, windows phone, ps3 etc on and off the wifi when the playbook is having issues, not errors etc. , nothing. I think the router is fine, but the playbook isn't getting a fast enough response or something. I can't blame the router for just one, and only that one, device messing up.
    07-29-11 08:57 PM
    thanks for the all the replies
    07-29-11 10:51 PM
    Yeah, I experienced the same thing with wifi tethering my iPhone to the Playbook. Such a pain as the Playbook would constantly give me issues with establishing a connection unlike my iPads, MacBook Pro, or various other devices.
    07-29-11 11:06 PM
    Also saw this one other time: my last blackberry (got rid of the blackberry). I think is a RIM issue really.
    07-30-11 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD