The no camera cutout is the dealbreaker for me.... Too bad they didnt fix that one issue... (personally i think they lost a lot of potential sales on this one flaw a lone)

I didnt care for the target truss. I dont like how hard it is to take the PB out and put it back. Also its a bit bulkier than it needs to be and there is nothing to keep the flap closed at all. Recently ordered another leather case that should fix those issues, we will see how it is once it gets here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    narci likes this.
    06-04-11 04:32 PM
    i bought it because the camera is concealed actually.

the camera on the pb is hugely disappointing anyway, not the mention, when would you ever use it for taking photos?
    06-05-11 10:33 AM
    I got my dodocase today, it's nice but as for the headphone cut out request like the OP got, and camera hole was declined. Even the microphone which I think is lame considering they did the favor for the OP, which is fine sometimes customer service goes above and beyond.

This is their reply:

"Hello Ramon,

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately we will not be able to make that kind of modification to your PlayBook case. at this time. Now that we have a more streamlined production process set up for the DODOcase for PlayBook, it will be much more difficult and time consuming to go back and add an extra hole for the headphone jack and rear camera for one particular case.

After much deliberation the DODOcase design team decided that we did not want to compromise the simple and classic design of the DODOcase by poking holes in it. The DODOcase for the BlackBerry Playbook does NOT have a cut out so that you can use the rear facing camera while in the case.

We think that in general the rear camera will be best used outside the case. The DODOcase is an easy in easy out case and on the occasion that you would want to use the rear facing camera it is easy enough to remove the PlayBook from the case. Folio style cases (i.e. the DODOcase) do not easily lend themselves to rear camera use because the front cover is designed to flip all the way back and would still obscure the rear camera even with a camera hole in the back cover.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Best,
    Gabe"

I have an L shaped headphone plug and it fits very snug but it's more disappointing that I can't close the book and listen to music. Not so sure it was worth the 70$. it's much harder to hold and type also. It seems like it'd be great to just be a travel case but even taking it out of the case is difficult lol.
    Last edited by radlink14; 06-06-11 at 06:38 PM.
    jamesheller likes this.
    06-06-11 06:29 PM
    got mine today, and its absolutely brilliant. Stylish, rugged, totally spot on.

also, delivery was amazing. Ordered monday, delivered wednesday to the UK.

so happy.
    06-08-11 01:29 PM
    I love my DODOcase. I've had it for a few weeks, and I can't imagine my PlayBook without it now. It's stylish and functional at the same time. I love that when it's folded back, it puts the PB at a rather comfortable viewing angle, especially when it's laying on a flat surface. Propping it up for hands-free viewing also works well, as long as you have something behind the back cover to keep it from sliding.

The attention to detail is fantastic. Everything from the tiny space that allows the microphones to work, to the small gap between your screen and the cover when it's closed. The moleskine notebook look and feel are perfect - most people assume I'm carrying around an agenda or a diary. It's a little heavy, and makes the PlayBook thicker than when it's naked, but that just adds to the quality feel. You can tell it's handmade because of small mistakes and blemishes in the bamboo or the cover, but they add-to more than they detract.

Highly recommended to anyone with a few bucks to spare and a desire to accessorize with class.
    TwoRS likes this.
    06-08-11 01:47 PM
    That email from Gabe of Dodocase is disappointing.

The way I read it is that users are not suppose to use the camera and we don't want to spend anymore money to change the production line. Isn't the Dodocase handmade? Hard to see why they can't just add a step of drilling a hole in the case for the camera.

If you really think about it, I would love the case flap to flip up while using the camera in the sunlight. It acts as a shade to the sun while taking photos and video.

Maybe the best approach should have been 2 designs, one with headphone jack + camera hole and one without either.

I actually use my camera quite a bit and I would buy the Dodocase in a heartbeat if they had the hole for the camera.
    06-08-11 05:01 PM
    I highly doubt it's hand made based on the price alone...
    06-08-11 05:05 PM
    I highly doubt it's hand made based on the price alone...

About | DODOcase

HAND
    MADE
    IN
    SAN
    FRANCISCO
    DODOcases are designed and manufactured in this wonderful city by the bay.* We�ve been overjoyed by working with some of the this city�s greatest artisans and it shows in every case that leaves the nest.
    06-08-11 08:02 PM
    I got my dodocase today, it's nice but as for the headphone cut out request like the OP got, and camera hole was declined. Even the microphone which I think is lame considering they did the favor for the OP, which is fine sometimes customer service goes above and beyond.

This is their reply:

"Hello Ramon,

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately we will not be able to make that kind of modification to your PlayBook case. at this time. Now that we have a more streamlined production process set up for the DODOcase for PlayBook, it will be much more difficult and time consuming to go back and add an extra hole for the headphone jack and rear camera for one particular case.

After much deliberation the DODOcase design team decided that we did not want to compromise the simple and classic design of the DODOcase by poking holes in it. The DODOcase for the BlackBerry Playbook does NOT have a cut out so that you can use the rear facing camera while in the case.

We think that in general the rear camera will be best used outside the case. The DODOcase is an easy in easy out case and on the occasion that you would want to use the rear facing camera it is easy enough to remove the PlayBook from the case. Folio style cases (i.e. the DODOcase) do not easily lend themselves to rear camera use because the front cover is designed to flip all the way back and would still obscure the rear camera even with a camera hole in the back cover.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Best,
    Gabe"

I have an L shaped headphone plug and it fits very snug but it's more disappointing that I can't close the book and listen to music. Not so sure it was worth the 70$. it's much harder to hold and type also. It seems like it'd be great to just be a travel case but even taking it out of the case is difficult lol.
    That is disappointing. I can understand where they're coming from though, but at the same time reading a couple of the other comments and knowing they've done this for other customers..

I was greatly considering buying a Dodo case but now I'm not sure. I might try sending them my own message and seeing if they're still unwilling to add custom features..
    03-11-12 01:26 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD