Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Docs to Go for PlayBook Not opening :(

Never have I ran into any problem with PlayBook until today ... I have restarted my playbook several times and Docs to Go will not open beyond the initial launch screen...I even tried opening a doc. file from the file manager...nothing is working at this point.

has anyone else had this problem? I only imagine that a wipe is all im going to be able to do...but i am ever so reluctant to do so.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts

Before you wipe and reload, try turning the unit off then back on again.
    If you have to wipe, make sure you get a backup of the unit using DM and then restore it after you reload the OS.

Good Luck.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,224 Global Posts

Make sure there is not a comma in the file name. Had to change mine to underscores. The comma is not suported in file names.

I wonder if it is attempting to deal with a bad filename as suggested above or where is caches Recently Opened items.

Try the Hard reset

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSaDICKted View Post
    Never have I ran into any problem with PlayBook until today ... I have restarted my playbook several times and Docs to Go will not open beyond the initial launch screen...I even tried opening a doc. file from the file manager...nothing is working at this point.

has anyone else had this problem? I only imagine that a wipe is all im going to be able to do...but i am ever so reluctant to do so.
    I have been experiencing the same problem lately. Sometimes a reset works, sometimes not. Happens with word, excel and pdf files. Very frustrating.