Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Docs to Go for PlayBook Not opening :(

Never have I ran into any problem with PlayBook until today ... I have restarted my playbook several times and Docs to Go will not open beyond the initial launch screen...I even tried opening a doc. file from the file manager...nothing is working at this point.

has anyone else had this problem? I only imagine that a wipe is all im going to be able to do...but i am ever so reluctant to do so.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before you wipe and reload, try turning the unit off then back on again.
    If you have to wipe, make sure you get a backup of the unit using DM and then restore it after you reload the OS.

Good Luck.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,896 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make sure there is not a comma in the file name. Had to change mine to underscores. The comma is not suported in file names.

Global Posts
    37,528 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if it is attempting to deal with a bad filename as suggested above or where is caches Recently Opened items.

Try the Hard reset

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSaDICKted View Post
    Never have I ran into any problem with PlayBook until today ... I have restarted my playbook several times and Docs to Go will not open beyond the initial launch screen...I even tried opening a doc. file from the file manager...nothing is working at this point.

has anyone else had this problem? I only imagine that a wipe is all im going to be able to do...but i am ever so reluctant to do so.
    I have been experiencing the same problem lately. Sometimes a reset works, sometimes not. Happens with word, excel and pdf files. Very frustrating.