cant open WORD .doc attachments received by email and from Files and folders

plus cant open WORD .doc files from the file manager and Files and Folder
    anyone has some great idea to it
    does not matter if bridged or native email

Cant use the PB for biz anymore, not reliable enough, got some embarrassing situation were i could not open a file needed in meetings

Last edited by hreiner1; 05-18-13 at 10:30 AM.
    05-16-13 09:29 PM
    I'm not a word format expert but do you know what version of word? Are you sure it has the correct extension? Have you moved it to another platform and opened it?
    05-16-13 10:21 PM
    That's strange. I've used it for a number of different word documents: .doc, .docx and I've never had any problems. Have you tried to open it in word? Could be corrupted I guess. Also I suppose that if there is any funky formatting, it might not open either. All of the documents that I have worked on in PB have been pretty generic. I'd check that out too.

Let us know if you have any luck.
    05-17-13 12:27 AM
    cant open WORD .doc attachments received by email

plus cants open WORD .doc files from the file manager, Files and Folder and Print to go
    anyone has some great idea to it
    Cant use the PB for biz anymore, not reliable enough, got some embarrassing situation were i could not open a file needed in meetings

Print to Go files are.pdf and while some versions of Print to Go are supposed to handle them don't know if PB version of Docs to Go are supposed to handle them Adobe or one of the Android ports will do it. You can use Ghost Commander and find your Print to Go items in :

/accounts/1000/shared/print/

Do you mean you can't open them in the email or you tried to copy them from the email? If you can open them on your. computer you cojld copy them to your playbook and read them in .PDF.
    05-17-13 12:38 AM
    That sucks. My docs are working fine. I haven't tried a docx but I've read the docs I made on my bb9900 and I've created 2 small docs on my zed.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 12:40 AM
    Another possible cause: some files do not open if the filename contains a comma and possibly other punctuation. Try renaming the file to something simple, like "test.doc", to see whether that is the cause.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-17-13 03:52 AM
    Try to do a Hard reset maybe that could help you, or call BlackBerry support center. Hope this help you.
    05-17-13 01:00 PM
    I have encountered this bug also. Very devastating in certain (biz) scenarios. I find it is linked to bridge. If the PB is "bridged" to a BB i disable the bridge and the doc will usually open no problem. Let me know if this helps.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-17-13 02:20 PM
    can not open when bridged or when using a native email app
    its starts to download, than crashes, with every doc file, xcl and pps is fine
    did hard reset,
    05-18-13 10:29 AM
    how can you rename a file when received in an email?
    05-18-13 10:31 AM
    Instead of tapping on the attachment, tap and hold on the attachment, then choose "save as" from the dialogue that pops up. The attachment will be downloaded to your downloads folder. Then try opening it from there.
    mpetrol likes this.
    05-18-13 12:14 PM