Friends,

Everybody knows the loads of improved features in DOCS TO GO and i don't need to mention them to you....

After try lots of things i have this question for you , can we make folder where i can manage by word, excel & ppt files in different folder for better management of my files.

I have lots of files from my work, from my college, my presentations and it has become a mess. I really need to organize them in different folders, is there a way i can do that.

Friends need your expertise solutions and opinion on this.

Thank you.
    02-29-12 11:09 PM
    Not that I know of for Docs To Go. However if you download a file manager (Air Browser is what I use and is free and great, but there are others too), you can create folders in the already made "Documents" folder on the Playbook. When you open Docs To Go it will list everything with no organization, but if you open up your file manager you can see it organized within your folders. You can also open the file directly from it.
    02-29-12 11:21 PM
    with OS 2.0 DOCS TO GO got good features. But they forgot to add this organizing feature within the DOCS TO GO.

If this app is so capable of doing things like our office 2010, why should we use third party application (i am not against third party app). @berryclever i tried using what you said, still i am unable to make folders like you said.

There is no option "organize" in file manager.
    02-29-12 11:31 PM
    with OS 2.0 DOCS TO GO got good features. But they forgot to add this organizing feature within the DOCS TO GO.

If this app is so capable of doing things like our office 2010, why should we use third party application (i am not against third party app). @berryclever i tried using what you said, still i am unable to make folders like you said.

There is no option "organize" in file manager.
    Sorry, I don't mean the new File Manager that is already on the playbook (it came with OS 2.0). That thing is somewhat half assed. Its nice and all, but there is no ability create or organize folders (which I would think a "File Manager" can do).

Check out Air Browser from App World. When you open it it looks like a Windows file explorer. Select Documents folder on the left pane and click on the folder icon on the top. That will create your folder and you can cut and paste your documents into each folder. When you open up BB's File Manager or Docs To Go, it will show all your files and will not show your documents.

The organization will only show up in the third party file manager (in this case Air Browser). If you do file sharing on your computer, the folders you created will show up. You can also create your folders and transfer your files on your computer when you do file sharing. You just won't be able to see it organized on your PB without the 3rd party file manager.

Hope that makes sense

Also, I bring up Air Browser because that is what I use and familiar with. There are others out there and I heard good things about some of the others too... I just don't remember the names. So I don't mean to look like I am advertising for them
    Last edited by BerryClever; 02-29-12 at 11:49 PM.
    02-29-12 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD