Does anyone else have this problem?

Ever since OS 2.0.0, if I load email accounts on to my playbook, Docs to Go randomly crashes when I try to open documents. There's no rhyme or reason to it that I can figure out, like the comma thing that other people have been reporting... Under OS 2.0.0 It used to just randomly say "an internal error occured" and the app would crash. But if I wipe the device and don't add email accounts, the same files load up rock solid.

I upgraded to OS2 2.0.1 yesterday thinking surely they will have fixed this bug among the 8000 reported fixes. So I add email accounts, and the same shaky behaviour from Docs to Go comes back. The only difference is that the crash isn't preceded by an error message any more. I had to wipe and reloaded my OS yet again!

Has anyone else had this kind of problem or know of any workarounds? RIM really need story solve this issue. It really sucks that 2 months into OS 2.0, I still have to make a binary choice between having email, or being able to use my playbook for work, because RIM can't make two native apps play nice...
    04-18-12 07:39 PM
    Sorry but I don't have that issue. Don't know what's wrong with your device.

When you say "wipe" do you mean a security wipe, or do you debrick and re-install the OS and apps?
    04-18-12 08:06 PM
    I haven't had this issue but in the beta zone they have a new desktop manager,eehaps loading this then allowing it to update the PlayBook would help.
    04-18-12 08:12 PM
    Sorry but I don't have that issue. Don't know what's wrong with your device.

When you say "wipe" do you mean a security wipe, or do you debrick and re-install the OS and apps?
    With 2.0.0 I've done both. With 2.0.1 so far I have only security wiped and re-installed OTA. And then restored via Desktop Manager 7.

I probably have 15 GB of documents, presentations, etc. on my playbook, as I mirror my full work filing system on it... I wonder if this contributes to the issue, but if that is the case, then why does everything work when no email accounts are listed loaded???
    04-18-12 08:42 PM
    You don't described exactly what is happening. Is this when you try to open a .doc file? May be similar to an issue I had. The work around I use is to rename the file. Can you rename the file and then open it?
    04-18-12 08:53 PM
    Does anyone else have this problem?

Ever since OS 2.0.0, if I load email accounts on to my playbook, Docs to Go randomly crashes when I try to open documents. There's no rhyme or reason to it that I can figure out, like the comma thing that other people have been reporting... Under OS 2.0.0 It used to just randomly say "an internal error occured" and the app would crash. But if I wipe the device and don't add email accounts, the same files load up rock solid.

I upgraded to OS2 2.0.1 yesterday thinking surely they will have fixed this bug among the 8000 reported fixes. So I add email accounts, and the same shaky behaviour from Docs to Go comes back. The only difference is that the crash isn't preceded by an error message any more. I had to wipe and reloaded my OS yet again!

Has anyone else had this kind of problem or know of any workarounds? RIM really need story solve this issue. It really sucks that 2 months into OS 2.0, I still have to make a binary choice between having email, or being able to use my playbook for work, because RIM can't make two native apps play nice...
    I haven't had that issue with 2.0 or 2.1. I use docs quite a bit and so far no issues. You assume this is RIM's fault, why is that? All my native apps play nice. Every problem on the PB is not RIM's fault. Many issues are caused by the user. Not all, but many. And that's true for most electronic devices requiring input from the user.

I'm sorry you've got problems and hope you can resolve them, or someone here can help
    04-18-12 09:32 PM
    You don't described exactly what is happening. Is this when you try to open a .doc file? May be similar to an issue I had. The work around I use is to rename the file. Can you rename the file and then open it?
    The problem I have happens when I open .doc, .xls, and .ppt (as well as .docx, .xlsx, .pptx)

Occasionally renaming the file works, but often when it crashes on me, I have to re-boot the Playbook to get Docs to Go to work again. It's kind of frustrating, because Docs to Go is my preferred document editor on the playbook, but I'm often stuck using smart office in meetings so that I can be sure that documents will open.
    04-19-12 10:17 PM
    I haven't had that issue with 2.0 or 2.1. I use docs quite a bit and so far no issues. You assume this is RIM's fault, why is that? All my native apps play nice. Every problem on the PB is not RIM's fault. Many issues are caused by the user. Not all, but many. And that's true for most electronic devices requiring input from the user.

I'm sorry you've got problems and hope you can resolve them, or someone here can help
    I am assuming it's RIM's problem simply because both programs (messages and Docs to Go) are created by RIM, and I can't get them to play nice.

I'm not sure what I could be doing to "cause" this problem. I tap icons the same as everyone else . Part of me is happy that others don't seem to be having this problem, but it doesn't help me that I'm in the minority. I still can't get my Playbook to work with enough stability to be able to use for work while having the Native e-mail installed...

Thanks for the post though, and for not automatically assuming I'm out here to "spread misinformation" about the playbook.
    04-19-12 10:23 PM
    unable to view a .csv file with docs to go. First should I be able to and if so how. I get a error message saying file is not a excel file. I downloaded and reserved it as a .xls but that didn't fly either. I needed to get on my credit card site and download a transaction register on a whim but was unable to download and save it and then view it from the website.
    04-22-12 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD