http://m.cio.com/article/738651/The_...axonomyId=3045

A very interesting discussion about integrating Android into monitors. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a BB10 monitor? Imagine the Hub on a 22" screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 07:02 PM
    The truth is, for most applications, a touch-screen desktop monitor is NOT the best of ideas.

I've had a 24" monitor for almost 6 years now. I don't WANT to be touching it all the time, and in fact, the only time I touch it is cleaning the screen about once a month. I *hate* having it dirty, and that's unavoidable with a touch-screen. While I can tolerate a greasy screen when using a phone or tablet for a few minutes at a time, it's a whole different issue for the monitor I spend 8+ hours a day looking at.

Also, it would be tiring to have to use gestures on a 24" monitor that is at arm's length. Unlike tablets, monitors tend to be further away and much higher, making the touch experience very different.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-24-13 07:08 PM
    I dont think Thor was even clear on what he was thinking when he uttered those words lol
    08-24-13 07:10 PM
    I dont think Thor was even clear on what he was thinking when he uttered those words lol
    I bet he has a nicely framed photo of playbook as the art piece covering his vault that stashed his $55 million retirement fund.
    milo53 likes this.
    08-24-13 08:07 PM
    The truth is, for most applications, a touch-screen desktop monitor is NOT the best of ideas.

I've had a 24" monitor for almost 6 years now. I don't WANT to be touching it all the time, and in fact, the only time I touch it is cleaning the screen about once a month. I *hate* having it dirty, and that's unavoidable with a touch-screen. While I can tolerate a greasy screen when using a phone or tablet for a few minutes at a time, it's a whole different issue for the monitor I spend 8+ hours a day looking at.

Also, it would be tiring to have to use gestures on a 24" monitor that is at arm's length. Unlike tablets, monitors tend to be further away and much higher, making the touch experience very different.
    I'm the same way. I just cleaned the monitor for our family computer, which is not a touchscreen, and which I rarely use. Yet it looked like someone used it as a plate for bacon and eggs. I like a pristine monitor, and a pristine tablet, and a pristine phone. Hence the numerous micro fibre cloths I have stashed around the house and at work.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-24-13 09:43 PM