Adobe Connect Mobile is a real business app, has been available since the PlayBook launched and makes Skype look cheesy.
    Kidding right? Connect is notoriously expensive. $50 a month to use as sole user account. The BB PB app might be free... to use it is not.

Besides comparing it to skype is misleading. They are very different beasts.
    10-31-11 09:43 PM
    Good grief whats with all the wifi issues ? Running 4 pbs at the house and dont recall ever dropping a connection. Im using a netgear n600 dual band router. Maybe someone should start a "what kind of router do you use" thread.
    What router one uses should be secondary, I for example use my laptop/desktop when I'm at home without issues.
    It's when I'm on the road where I want to utilize my PB. How many times do you have access to the router of a given wifi network when traveling or which you do not own?

And if the tablet next to you has no issues connecting for example and all the laptop users are skyping away I don't think the router is the problem.....
    FF22 likes this.
    10-31-11 09:55 PM
    I didn't buy mine. It was a gift. I wouldn't have bought it, because I knew that one of the main things I wanted, a full-featured Kindle app, wasn't on it. I also wasn't certain in my own mind as to whether a tablet was something I wanted or needed. I could have returned it, but decided to keep it. I regret that a bit.

As a web browser, it's terrific. I have no complaints there. But a good chunk of the reading I do is stuff that I need to be able to highlight and annotate. I can't do those things on the Cloud Reader, and I can't do them on the BlackBerry Kindle app either. This is frustrating. The BB 9900 doesn't have a Kindle app yet, and no indication whether one is coming. I'm somewhat tempted to sell both the PB and my 9780 and get a Samsung Galaxy S2 and be done with it.

I do a fair amount of posting on various web forums, and I actually find this easier to accomplish on my 9780 than on my PB, which is also frustrating. I love the keyboard, and I especially need auto-text, but I know that there's an auto-text app for Android. I have beta OS 2.0 installed, which is nice, but of course it breaks some things. The real question is whether a tablet actually is worth having (for me), and I don't have an answer yet.
    11-01-11 09:38 AM
    Yep, really sorry I bought it. Have not been able to find one function/utility/app that makes me say wow I'm glad I bought it. Should have gone with the Sony tablet.
    11-01-11 10:53 AM
    in a word...no
    11-01-11 09:32 PM
    I didn't buy mine. It was a gift. I wouldn't have bought it, because I knew that one of the main things I wanted, a full-featured Kindle app, wasn't on it. I also wasn't certain in my own mind as to whether a tablet was something I wanted or needed. I could have returned it, but decided to keep it. I regret that a bit.

As a web browser, it's terrific. I have no complaints there. But a good chunk of the reading I do is stuff that I need to be able to highlight and annotate. I can't do those things on the Cloud Reader, and I can't do them on the BlackBerry Kindle app either. This is frustrating. The BB 9900 doesn't have a Kindle app yet, and no indication whether one is coming. I'm somewhat tempted to sell both the PB and my 9780 and get a Samsung Galaxy S2 and be done with it.

I do a fair amount of posting on various web forums, and I actually find this easier to accomplish on my 9780 than on my PB, which is also frustrating. I love the keyboard, and I especially need auto-text, but I know that there's an auto-text app for Android. I have beta OS 2.0 installed, which is nice, but of course it breaks some things. The real question is whether a tablet actually is worth having (for me), and I don't have an answer yet.
    Pretty much where I am at with the whole situation.

I wanted the PB for good apps, music, films, fast browsing, Kindle type stuff, films etc...I find my BB phone easier / more convenient to use for pretty much all of these things.

On top of that, the Samsung Galaxy S2 I had on trial for a week was a smoking piece of kit, a breath of fresh air...so long as it was on wifi or strong 3G signal - less than that, it was a fairly useless piece of kit for me...but if wifi was present, well, probably nicer to use than the PB for me.

Still I find the king of BBs (was 9700, nowadays 9900) to excel in many areas, and to step up well enough in the media area for me to not require the PB for long flights, showing photos and so on.

So after all I don't regret buying the PB at the inflated import price that I did, but I would regret still owning it after it has lost all value and for this reason I am sticking it on eBay as I don't want to be left holding a lemon as we enter 2012.
    11-01-11 10:49 PM
156 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD